Alec's W216 CL 4.7 BiTurbo Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh wow, what a car!!!!
Big congratulations! Enjoy it in good health :)
The CL looked great and must have been very fast but the R8 is on a different level, especially a V10 manual.

Is this the R8 that was being sold by Romans? Not sure if I got the name of the company right.

If it is the same car, I was actually considering it myself when it was being sold privately by its last owner in London.

I was going to buy an R8 but unfortunately I have some other things that are more important at the moment and I bought another M3 but an e92 CP model to keep me happy until I get an R8 ( I hope! )

To round this off... I have replaced my M6, the CL and XJ with two new cars.
The first was an unexpected Range Rover Vogue- which is my new daily driver
51232422349_e0a60802c0_b.jpg

I have also bought my dream car, a Audi R8 V10 Manual
51235909532_01ff6740e1_b.jpg

51236824753_7e4b3d7718_b.jpg

Absolutley love it so far!
WOW! Nice motors, the V10 is fantastic! Drove one at a track day, recently they are brilliant! :cool: :)👍

Thanks guys!

Sam, no way! Yes it was the Romans car, hovever I purchased it privately at great discount.
You obviously have great taste. I love the V8 M3, considered one a few years back- enjoy!

Dickster, it is the 3.6 diesel in the Range Rover. My first diesel (which I bought), seems like a decent compromise between the V8 petrols and the smaller 3.0 diesels. Had new turbos fitted at great expense- which it a failure point on these. Averages around 23mpg mixed driving, like a living room on wheels!

Thanks guys!

Sam, no way! Yes it was the Romans car, hovever I purchased it privately at great discount.
You obviously have great taste. I love the V8 M3, considered one a few years back- enjoy!

Dickster, it is the 3.6 diesel in the Range Rover. My first diesel (which I bought), seems like a decent compromise between the V8 petrols and the smaller 3.0 diesels. Had new turbos fitted at great expense- which it a failure point on these. Averages around 23mpg mixed driving, like a living room on wheels!

I thought it was the same car, I haven't seen many blue V10's with a manual gearbox :)

It really is a beautiful car and I'm sure it will just keep getting better and better because you are a perfectionist :)

Looking forward to see what you do with this

By the way, the Range Rover is also a great looking car but I just got distracted by that stunning R8 😍

Thanks guys!

👍 there are rave reviews on that model. Very tempting ….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom