Alfa GT?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigyank

Car
E320 sport W211
Ok, I am strapping on my flame retardant suit even as I write this, however I have to ask the question, and present the situation.

This little monkey has caused us some car grief. My wife was v happy with her SLK, but obviously we needed something with more space and a rear seat. However, we also wanted something a bit phwwwoooaaarr.
No offence to present owners, but the C class and A/B class' dont do anything for us.
So we went for the clk. Great until Loretta started to put on some weight and Mrs M's back went fubar'd from extending into the back to lifting L in/out.

So now we are searching for a sexy coupe with airbags that can be turned off, as I assume there is no way to do that in the CLK without invalidating the warranty and the insurance.

Our thoughts turn to a GT. Loads of boot space - good room front and rear, nice spec, good drive and on/off airbags...... and phwwwoooaaarr.

So whats good/bad about them. I have had 2 alfa's previously (166 & 159) so am not expecting the dealer service to be up to much, but hey, the Merc dealers aren't up to much either so as I see it we get the same crap treatment for less money.

Attachments

• oohhh!.jpg
    oohhh!.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 82
  • alfa-gt_in.jpg
    alfa-gt_in.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 82
nice car. Have you tried the RX8. Easier to get in the back. od the A5
Is it really safe to pic your kid on the internet?
I am a bit paranoid but i know of a lady who saw her picture being used to
advertise adult sites after it was photoshopped from the net.

If you go for a coupe you are always going to have that 2door/backseat problem surely? Alfa make some pretty neat saloons if thats your taste.
How about a post 2003 saab 9-3 sporty looking and good safety record for your little one. Reliability on a par with Alfa and cheap as chips second hand.

Last edited:
If you go for a coupe you are always going to have that 2door/backseat problem surely? Alfa make some pretty neat saloons if thats your taste.
How about a post 2003 saab 9-3 sporty looking and good safety record for your little one. Reliability on a par with Alfa and cheap as chips second hand.

well the idea is that if the airbag can be switched off, then she can ride shotgun - thats the theory anyway.

recycled said:
nice car. Have you tried the RX8. Easier to get in the back. od the A5
Is it really safe to pic your kid on the internet?
I am a bit paranoid but i know of a lady who saw her picture being used to
advertise adult sites after it was photoshopped from the net.

Well, the rx8 doesnt make us go "ooooooh". And the A5 is a bit over budget.
good point re kid pic, maybe I should remove it. Whats the world coming to?

I used to think the Alfa GT was a great car (to look at) and it also comes with the wonderful 3.2 V6 but then Alfa Romeo brought out the Brera. Now
IMO that is a stunning car and despite the reviews I'd still seriously consider one if I were in a postion to look for a fast coupe!

Hello,

Agree it Looks nice, and if you do get one buy second hand and save a packet...not sure the inside is my cupa tea but hey ho..

Are you keeping the CLK?and the Alfa would be for the wife.

We got rid of both out convertibles when little one arrived I convinced myself 2 doors and 4 seats would be fine....It just isn't yes we made do for a bit with my convertible but its just too akward getting everything in, including car seat (and we have the easy base system). Yes people have done it and will continue to but for our needs the cars we have now are great.

I thought the wifes A210 AMG is a pretty cool alternative for now, loads of space (its the LWB), goes ok, does 44mpg in wifes hands, and the ML simply swallows anything we put it and still goes well. Sure I miss the vrrooom (my bm was a M sport 330 great engine) but 2 doors and climbing in the back....(wife sits in back with little sprog even withe ML)

Also driving back from Annecy france in the ML it was throwing it down, buckets thrown on windscreen type of rain and rightly or wrongly I felt my family were very safe in the big bus, high up driving position, 4wd, Airbags everywhere.

obviously with the little person our priorities have changed.

Mind you I'm tempted with an ///M Roadster for fine days and track days :) just fo me....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom