Alfa Romeo 156

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big_Jon

Car
C230 Kompressor Sport Auto & Alfa Romeo 156 1.8 T-Spark.
Took one in p/x and I have started driving it as I love it.

Never wanted an Alfa, always thought they were rubbish but this is gorgeous.

Looks nice, full momo leather, air, allloys and with the uprated suspension, it handles like a racing car, only criticism is that the ride is very low for my local roads so have to be very careful.

Will advertise it soon but for now, it will certainly do as a 2nd car to my C230K 202

I love Alfaromeo, and have often been tempted to buy one. From experience the petrol models offer a very 'fluid' driving experience.

However, they still have the reputation of falling apart over the longer term. I certainly wouldn't buy anything over three years old with high mileage. Moreover, if you think Mercedes' servicing costs are outrageous, you're in for an even bigger surprise with an Alfa.

Even so, if had the bottle, I would buy the 159 (the one model where you don't need short arms and long legs to drive it).

I work for Alfa Romeo, well for a dealer. I can honestly say that the 156 is a better drive than the 159. The 159 is a nose heavy and fitted with an array of Vauxhall engines that Alfa Romeo have managed loose any fuel economy out of them.

For comparision we are Alfa Romeo and Skoda dealer and the Octavia vRS TDi is quicker than a Brera 3.2 V6.

Go and drive a 159 you'll be pleasantly dissapointed, any desire you have to get one will quickly vanish!

I've always loved the 156 and I nearly opted for one as a company car back in 1999 but what put me off was when the one I had on a week's trial broke down with 142 miles on the clock from new! The guy who ran the fleet told me that Alfa cars accounted for 2% of the fleet and 18% of the roadside assistance calls.

I still think that they look the business though, even after all these years.

Pics will be on in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom