Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr. B

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Anybody any thoughts or dealings with such ?
I quite like the look of them especially in red....

F28F4E0C-3866-4D6B-9FF2-5E596E9E97D1.jpeg
Inside looks a bit cheap and cheerful though....

9BA24584-CA2B-41EE-BE2C-B7C6157EC8B1.jpeg

No but I would like a go in one.

It reminds me, the couple who lived in our house before we did were proper hard core Alfa fans. They had matching 156 GTA and 147 GTA (then brand new) in an incredible pearlescent silver/blue, and classic Alfas in the garage (under cover), which I wasn’t allowed to ask about!

There's one around the corner from me, I must have walked past a dozen times before I realised it wasn't a 3 series.

My neighbour has one, it a nice car.

A forum member who no longer posts here swapped his C63 for one a couple of years ago and never looked back. He was very impressed.
It shows up well on the 5th Gear mini test although I don't put too much stock into a 5th Gear test.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The key factor in favour of the ALFA appears to be body weight. :cool: Equating in real world handling terms perhaps to the difference between a car with just a driver on board and one with a driver and 2/3 passengers???:eek:
Most driving test comparisons appear to be performed--- driver only! :p Which also brings up the interesting question--does a lightweight car's performance/handling degrade more when fully loaded than a heavier car since any passenger number increase is going to represent a greater proportional increase in overall body weight than a car that starts off heavier in the first place. In which case it might mean 1-up the lighter Alfa handles better but 4-up the C63 might be less affected????:confused:

Last edited:
I see quite a few around now and again - in the typical red and blue colours featured in the op.

I like them but I do wonder about reliability being from the Fiat Chrysler group.

I've no doubt the benchmark has risen beyond where it was for most marques in the group but I still wonder if it is high enough for an everyday proposition.

I see the cheapy interior, which looks very cheapy when compared to Maserati Grandturismos I was considering.

Having spoken to a Maserati inde - he certainly gave me a true picture on Masers (consider premium!) even if his perception is skewed only seeing duff ones.

However, some of the cost to fix what I consider to be basic things in the Maser worries me for other marques in the FC Group. Although some of this could be deliberately fixing prices high "because a Maser is a Maser".

Or perhaps more accurately "because a Maser is (in part) a Ferrari", and the rest of the parts are likely to be Maser/GT specific.

With a QF you've a far better chance of parts commonality with the standard car.

It (the alfa) is a lovely car other than early release reliability issues. In dry weather it is probably overall faster than a c63 and a bit more nimble with better tyre grip. Not sure how those tyres perform in the wet though. Anyway I've never driven one but not that interested unless I can take it to Wales or lake district for a proper "evaluation". Its exhaust flaps only open in race mode which is a bit silly IMO. This can be fixed after market. Its looks are sensational. By far the best looker in its class followed by the rs5. I dont mean to offend any 205 c63 owners but the c63 is fugly in comparison.

Personally and I have a lot of bias, I have driven the light c63 saloon on track and the c63 estate. The c63 estate , though heavier is purely neutral in any conditions due to its weight balance. The saloon is slightly nose heavy. The estate is the better drivers car despite its weight. Cars magazine gets the qualities of the estate perfectly in this comparison of the estate c63 vs the alfa. Those video reviews barely scratch the surface IMO.

Fast families: Audi RS4 vs AMG C63 S Estate vs Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio triple test (2018) review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom