Alignment and geometry settings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chad5k1

Car
Maserati Ghibli, BWM 130i
Hi
I'd like to get my alignment and geometry setup on the C55.
I've got at least one tyre that is showing signs of uneven wear and the steering wheel is not quite dead ahead when travelling in a straight line.
I'd like to use the most aggressive settings recommended by the factory, but I've been told by my MB Dealership that;
"Quoting for a full geometry varies depending upon what requires adjusting.
You will be looking between £119.00 and £324.00 all inc. We can only set the wheel positions to the correct position as there is little adjustment available."

That just sounds wrong to me based on my previous cars.
Anyone got any thoughts?

Hi
I'd like to get my alignment and geometry setup on the C55.
I've got at least one tyre that is showing signs of uneven wear and the steering wheel is not quite dead ahead when travelling in a straight line.
I'd like to use the most aggressive settings recommended by the factory, but I've been told by my MB Dealership that;
"Quoting for a full geometry varies depending upon what requires adjusting.
You will be looking between £119.00 and £324.00 all inc. We can only set the wheel positions to the correct position as there is little adjustment available."

That just sounds wrong to me based on my previous cars.
Anyone got any thoughts?

+2 Tony at Wheels in Motion is your man.

They are also supprters of the site, more info on MB Geometry here: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/memb...-inmotion-geometry-alignment-calibration.html

unless the geometry company is used to setting up cars for track use, then I cannot see them being able to deviate from the book settings for the particular model concerned.

There are extra tyre wear implications and legal implications and you would need to sign a disclaimer of some sort.

unless the geometry company is used to setting up cars for track use, then I cannot see them being able to deviate from the book settings for the particular model concerned.

There are extra tyre wear implications and legal implications and you would need to sign a disclaimer of some sort.

We do sponsor many cars in various motorsports with much success, this encompasses understanding in chassis, suspension and aero dynamics, well this all reads Dandy but has little concern to the common man.

The MB has an historical problem with cars pulling left, the owners don't imagine it nor did we invent it but it exists.

The MB datum and chassis appears perfectly fine but there's a complaint, we research that complaint and solve it.

All manufactures datum is a "suggestion", it's not the law and it cannot cover the globule conditions for owners driving style or environment.

As said we research the problem and offer a solution, this i have done with MB, BMW, Lexus, Mazda and so on. Customers that book do so for a reason and this is normally because the problem remains and they seek a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom