Alive and well in the Police Force

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is mention of a Black Police association, is that not racist?, sounds to me that you can't join if you are white. What would happen if it were proposed that there should be a white police association to balance things out?.

There is mention of a Black Police association, is that not racist?, sounds to me that you can't join if you are white. What would happen if it were proposed that there should be a white police association to balance things out?.

We have a "gay at work" society.

I feel we should have a "I wanna bang you and you cannot say no" club.

We have a "gay at work" society.

I feel we should have a "I wanna bang you and you cannot say no" club.

Are they straight when they clock off? :)

More worrying for you, I fear the latter might be full of Steves and no Stephanies..

If the recording is true and the police 'officer' called him a n*****, then he should be sacked and prosecuted.
Unfortunately, some people in uniform (and in other professions) believe they have more power than they actually do. It's a shame that it reached the media though. Like a lot of things in life, it's the small minority that give everyone else a bad name.

And that makes it ok for someone to be called n*****?!
The reasons these organisations were formed in the first place was because of discrimination. Whether you like it or not, thats the simple truth. Should they continue to exist - in my opinion, without a doubt until colour or creed stop being an issue. All the arguments of 'reverse' discrimination/racism prove that 'colour' still plays a major part in everyday life. (and before people get agitated, I am aware that it does exists I have seen it myself and disagree with it as much as any other form of prejudice).
You should be proud of your heritage, regardless of where you come from or what you look like - providing that pride doesnt give you the impression that your race/creed is superior to any other. We're all human and only our actions differentiate between good or 'evil'
I really can't understand why, in this day and age, it's such a large issue. I can trace my family tree back over 1400 years and my family comes from range of countries including England, Kenya, the Indian sub continent, Yemen and Arabia (and others). I'm pretty sure that most people will have a huge variety of blood lines in their families if they could trace the family tree back far enough. So racists (from any side) are probably hating some of their own ancestors . . .

The reasons these organisations were formed in the first place was because of discrimination. Whether you like it or not, thats the simple truth.

I strongly refute your insinuation that I agree with racist remarks, whether addressed to black or any other colour of person. My point was, and is, that any club, group, association, call it what you want, where membership is reliant on the colour of skin is racist, hence my question, what would happen if it were proposed that a white Police association be formed?????.

Whats more, I find your comments offensive.

The reasons these organisations were formed in the first place was because of discrimination. Whether you like it or not, thats the simple truth.

I strongly refute your insinuation that I agree with racist remarks, whether addressed to black or any other colour of person. My point was, and is, that any club, group, association, call it what you want, where membership is reliant on the colour of skin is racist, hence my question, what would happen if it were proposed that a white Police association be formed?????.

Whats more, I find your comments offensive.

i guess that your assertion just confirms racism is rife in the police.

Yes indeed. As I see it, racism is racism, it works both ways. Having an associasion for one race/colour only can do nothing to help.

WOODYTHEWISE said:

So that makes it ok for an officer to be openly racist? Similar to your opinion on soldiers who murder unarmed civilians?

#justsaying..

So that makes it ok for an officer to be openly racist? Similar to your opinion on soldiers who murder unarmed civilians?

#justsaying..

This question was asked in post 9 and answered in post 10.

I have read through all the posts on this subject, what pray has this to do with previous posts on a totally different subject?.

just saying.

#justsaying..

So that makes it ok for an officer to be openly racist? by joining a black only association.?

#justsaying..

My last words on this thread...Please provide a link to any of my posts where I state, or even hint, that it is ok for anyone, of any colour to make racist remarks.

Having done this, then please also provide a link that shows where I agree that it is ok for soldiers (of any Army) to murder unarmed civilians.

I am unsure whether you are being particularly obtuse, offensive, or it is I that is at fault in being unable to understand your point (if in fact there is one) Good day to you sir....

Last edited:
WOODYTHEWISE said:
My last words on this thread...Please provide a link to any of my posts where I state, or even hint, that it is ok for anyone, of any colour to make racist remarks.

Having done this, then please also provide a link that shows where I agree that it is ok for soldiers (of any Army) to murder unarmed civilians.

I am unsure whether you are being particularly obtuse, offensive, or it is I that is at fault in being unable to understand your point (if in fact there is one) Good day to you sir....

Touched a nerve have we?

#justsaying

Touched a nerve have we?

He's pointing out the complete hypocrisy of an association that is only allowed members of a certain colour.

Trying to hide behind a hash tag is very spineless.

Either put up an argument or just sit and eat your Quorn burgers.

Because of the way the service is now, I am unable to join this conversation without putting my job at risk.

Not because am an 'ist' or 'phobe' of any kind, just that certain topics are now out of bounds, because even if you talk from the correct point of view, somebody would take a part of it and quote it, making you sound/read as though you are not.

Funny that eh?

eg: I was almost sacked for being homophobic when a person took a comment out of context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom