Alive and well in the Police Force

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
#Police are not here to be your new best friend

#Officer are recruited from of the people by the people (so they have all sorts of views tucked away, just like you)

#all 'is't or 'phobe' officer should be sacked if found to be so

#now lets all move the hell on to something else

@ Mobeyone

You are fighting a lost battle. There will always be closet racists and there will always be people that fight against it. On a forum, it just goes on and on until someone gets banned. You have put forward a very valid argument and anyone with a little bit of sense can see what you are saying.

Good day

Yes.

PM me if you really want the details. Arrested then discharged 7 hours later to teach me a lesson for having a voice and using it., apology of course on my release by the custody seargant on behalf of the numpty who arrested me.

Looked into taking it to court but effectively told by several solicitors the same which is hung jury at my expense, no thanks - lesson learnt.

Sorry to hear about that. I've had my own 'issues' with the police and the law up to being about 23, I suppose I just learned that it wasn't going to get me anywhere in life being the way I was.

I grew up with children of all colours, there was a group of us that would probably be used now as an advertisement for multiculturalism; me, a pair of Asian brothers, three Afro Caribbean lads and a couple of gypsies. We didn't know any different because we didn't see each other as anything other than mates and I'm still good friends with these lads to this day.

It was only as we got older that we started to encounter discrimination, some older lads called my friend 'chalky' and me 'coaly' and we couldn't work out why because he was black and I was white. It took us a while to get the wierd irony of their 'joke'. We have strong friendships and it's that that I'm most proud of.

I can see why the NBPA was set up, I just feels as though there's a slight hypocrisy in setting something up to combat racism when you can only be a certain colour to join.

#givepeaceachance

Sorry to hear about that. I've had my own 'issues' with the police and the law up to being about 23, I suppose I just learned that it wasn't going to get me anywhere in life being the way I was.

I grew up with children of all colours, there was a group of us that would probably be used now as an advertisement for multiculturalism; me, a pair of Asian brothers, three Afro Caribbean lads and a couple of gypsies. We didn't know any different because we didn't see each other as anything other than mates and I'm still good friends with these lads to this day.

It was only as we got older that we started to encounter discrimination, some older lads called my friend 'chalky' and me 'coaly' and we couldn't work out why because he was black and I was white. It took us a while to get the wierd irony of their 'joke'. We have strong friendships and it's that that I'm most proud of.

I can see why the NBPA was set up, I just feels as though there's a slight hypocrisy in setting something up to combat racism when you can only be a certain colour to join.

#givepeaceachance

I was simply standing my ground, the officer was wrong - I was right and he could not accept that and next thing you know I am arrested and thrown in the back of a car.. after I laughed in his face when he told me what he was charging me for. The duty solicitor even said they had ballsed up big time but I was in a cell for no reason and when trying to bring an officer to account for his/her actions is nigh on impossible unless you have proof but While I am very critical of the Police, I do see how difficult the job is now and how some dont help that situation which is in a way what we see today.

Same here, funnily enough we were talking about this not too long ago and wondered where it has all gone wrong. Colour/race was never an issue with us nor was class, money etc. Mixed group from all walks of life who happened to like cars, basketball/football and enjoying life.

My dad always used to say the same, that race is never an issue when your young, name calling here and there is just part and parcel of growing up but it does creep up into your life at some point and smacks you right in the face when you least expect it but even today, jokes are made and nothing is said as we never ever take offense or find it offensive.

#whycantwejustgetalong?

There is mention of a Black Police association, is that not racist?, sounds to me that you can't join if you are white. What would happen if it were proposed that there should be a white police association to balance things out?.

Thats called positive discrimination. I complained a couple of years ago about a group of Black Lady Architects working in the UK affiliated at that time. I complained, but was told that I was a causing trouble by complaining and it would be a better idea if I just accepted the principal of positive discrimination that operates in our Country. You can't have a white architects group or a white policeman's group but you can black. This seems very very very wrong to me or have I landed on the wrong planet or need to change my medication.

I found it very sad that the name of Guy Gibsons black lab was changed for the latest film from Nigger to darky or something like. Very surprising how far the PC brigate have gone. Who the hell is going to be offended at a dogs name.

And that makes it ok for someone to be called n*****?!
The reasons these organisations were formed in the first place was because of discrimination. Whether you like it or not, thats the simple truth.

I strongly refute your insinuation that I agree with racist remarks, whether addressed to black or any other colour of person. My point was, and is, that any club, group, association, call it what you want, where membership is reliant on the colour of skin is racist, hence my question, what would happen if it were proposed that a white Police association be formed?????.

Whats more, I find your comments offensive.

You can find them as offensive as you want. Bottom line is that you brought up a point and I responded to how I thought it came across. And I stand by my comments. A member of the public was called a n****r and your response to that was why are black officers allowed their own little club"???
Seems like "black and White" to me...

So that makes it ok for an officer to be openly racist? by joining a black only association.?

If that officer has been subject to any racism by his employers or people he works with, then he is going to turn to people who are going to help or who have been through something similar. That does not make him racist.
People who have not experienced it do not know how it feels - they might think they do, but until you've been through it, you have no idea of the impact it has or can have.

Just edited to add that I do not personally know you so I apologise if I'm getting the wrong impression of you. At the end of the day it's an Internet forum and real personalities do not come across very well.

If someone has been subject to some form of discrimination regarding his race/creed, he is likely to turn to help from someone who has been through something similar. How is that hard to understand?

Last edited:
I hate political correctness, it's put us back 50 years and it wasn't a dig, just a comment but that's down to interpretation which always ends up down this road.

Policing is a nightmare of a job and it's easy to see how this video can happen but to then talk of the black policemans association as a way of defending the actions does not cut it with me.

Nice has tag)

Totally agree. :thumb:

So no proof and no retraction then. Typical.

Making unsubstantiated allegations and personal attacks... YOU are the only one trying to bully anyone.

So no proof and no retraction then. Typical.

Making unsubstantiated allegations and personal attacks... YOU are the only one trying to bully anyone.

I stand by what I say, I have an opinion just like the next man and be it right or wrong that is in the eye of the beholder - I just dont see how a post on an officer who is caught being openly racist and abusive can be countered with an organisation that is not racist, does not have a history of being racist, does not use language of a racist nature or conduct itself in a manner that could be seen as racist be then used in the way it was. It (NBPA) is prejudiced and encourages segragation in the force, damages relations and in my eyes is wrong regardless of how/why it was created.

The grievance with the name of the dog above says it all :dk:

Thats my final input on the matter.

It's endemic even under age white girls are evidently guilty of it?? Rochdale child-sex trial: 'Victims were prostitutes with enough business acumen to win The Apprentice' | Mail Online

The problem with investigating complaints of racial prejudice is that for every decent person genuinely insulted or maltreated by the police [ which should not be tolerated in decent society ] there is some criminal lowlife cynically playing the "racial card " in an attempt to divert attention away from their otherwise blatant lawbreaking. :dk:

Last edited:
thumbnail.asp

(I tried to get a picture for #popcorn but all I could find was corned beef hash)

Maybe race is another topic we need to ban... it seems that opinions are quite strongly held and when world leaders have not been able to resolve the issue it's pretty unlikely that we can. Final words (please) on this go to Stevie Wonder & Paul McCartney

220px-Ebony_and_Ivory.jpg

Last edited:
[QUOTE

The problem with investigating complaints of racial prejudice is that for every decent person genuinely insulted or maltreated by the police [ which should not be tolerated in decent society ] there is some criminal lowlife cynically playing the "racial card " in an attempt to divert attention away from their otherwise blatant lawbreaking. :dk:[/QUOTE]

Totally agree and it really winds me up.
As much as the sentences that start with "I'm not racist but...".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom