All confirmed

Seanalf

Car
C200 CDI Sport 4dr
Ah, excellent news, the dealer in Burnley has confirmed I can pick up the car on Thursday, fresh MoT and service ready for the 200 mile journey back to south Wales. I have her booked into a tuning place near me for Friday to get her checked and upped to 200bhp.

So begins my long ownership and hopefully love of all things C220d AMG Sport Coupe :)

Now who's got a nice key ring......

Petrol Pete

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
Hello . I must have missed your first posts regarding the car you have just purchased. I hope it all goes well for you. 👍

Maybe a bit more detail of the car/service carried out and 'upping' you are having done would help us to share your experience a little better.

OP
OP
Seanalf

Seanalf

Car
C200 CDI Sport 4dr
Ah, I did post in the new members bit. I've bought a very nice C220d (W204 I think?) AMG Sport 2.1 170bhp Coupe in red with a pan roof. She's done 65k on a 2012 plate and I'm traveling up from south Wales to Burnley to pick her up on Thursday. Dealer has promised an A service and a fresh MoT for collection and it's a nice 200 plus mile drive home, so plenty of time to get acquainted, check out the drive, performance, feel and economy.

I've been checking around locally and I've found a highly recommended place in Pontypool, near where I live, who will do a remap for me taking her from the 170bhp to 200bhp. I do like a remap, I have one on my 75, took it from a stock 115bhp to 140bhp. Makes a big difference to the economy and performance. Once I've had the remap done, I'll give a little review so others in the area will know if it's any good. I've also asked one in Burnley for a price, just in case I want to make the drive back more interesting :)

Then it's do I upgrade the nav or go for an Xtrons replacement, if I can find a UK supplier, if anyone has any pointers, that would be nice......

Once I have the car, I can hopefully give a little more detail if people are interested. :cool:

Gazwould

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI
I would hold your horses if I were you .

I hope it is not fire opal red .
Artico fake seat leather ?

If there is something that commonly needs replacing like a dpf pressure sensor then the revised part is accompanied by a software update that will wipe the map this can also happen with MB main dealer servicing as it connects up with servers in Germany .

If you wanted 200 bhp why didn't you get a 250 CDI , that has oodles more everyday low rpm useful torque .

Assuming it's an automatic I'd be more interested in getting rid of the pulling out of junctions drive by wire throttle lag first .

I don't put anything on ignition keys any weight swinging about can wear the lock .

OP
OP
Seanalf

Seanalf

Car
C200 CDI Sport 4dr
To be fair, I'm not sure on the exact name as the ad has been taken down, but it's the same red I saw on the weekend and I liked it. I have paint kits to help with any potential fade, but I'm not concerned as it's a thing that used to happen to certain makes, plus I live in Wales, so sunshine isn't an issue.

If there is something that commonly needs replacing like a dpf pressure sensor then the revised part is accompanied by a software update that will wipe the map this can also happen with MB main dealer servicing as it connects up with servers in Germany .

If you wanted 200 bhp why didn't you get a 250 CDI , that has oodles more everyday low rpm useful torque .

Assuming it's an automatic I'd be more interested in getting rid of the pulling out of junctions drive by wire throttle lag first .

I don't put anything on ignition keys any weight swinging about can wear the lock .

I drove the 4dr version of the same car on Saturday, with the Artico seats and I found them comfy for me, I'm coming from a car that has full leather, it's how the seat fits me is more important. This was also the 170bhp, same set up and I liked it a lot. The only reason I didn't buy it was it was due a service, needed 2 tyres and all 4 wheels were a mess and it was £1k more than the car I'm buying. the seller thought he had the car "priced to sell" and won't move, this one is immaculate. It also comes with 12mth breakdown and a years warranty (yes, I know they can be pants, but I can investigate) and buying from a dealer gives me some consumer protection over a private sale.

I didn't go for the 250 as I couldn't find one within budget without astronomical miles so this was the next best. I tried to reserve a white coupe from a dealer in Kent, but he wouldn't hold it for me and sold it an hour later. I have a strict budget, so I've go with what I like and what I can afford :)

Any advice on lag always appreciated, the one I drove on Saturday was fine to pull away, felt smooth. But if there are improvements to be had, please do point me in how to get it done or looked at.

The remap is way less expensive than going up to a C250 on this car for what I could find. It seems the remap to 200bhp is quite common, stable and reliable. Plus the place I'm booked into check the vehicle over and will not map unless they are confident in the engine diagnostic.

Cheers.

SpikyMikey

MB Enthusiast
Car
S204 2013
I have paint kits to help with any potential fade
Unfortunately, Fire Opal can have bigger problems than just fade; there is a good deal of info on here. Having said that, if you get a good one, it's a very nice colour and makes a pleasant change from C Class silver or black.

Gazwould

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI
Fire opal red issue .

Artico issue .

This is 2012 C Class coupe with 71K .

20190111_091711.jpg

Both issues have someone new posting every month !

OP
OP
Seanalf

Seanalf

Car
C200 CDI Sport 4dr
To be fair, I'm not sure on the exact name as the ad has been taken down, but it's the same red I saw on the weekend and I liked it. I have paint kits to help with any potential fade, but I'm not concerned as it's a thing that used to happen to certain makes, plus I live in Wales, so sunshine isn't an issue.

I drove the 4dr version of the same car on Saturday, with the Artico seats and I found them comfy for me, I'm coming from a car that has full leather, it's how the seat fits me is more important. This was also the 170bhp, same set up and I liked it a lot. The only reason I didn't buy it was it was due a service, needed 2 tyres and all 4 wheels were a mess and it was £1k more than the car I'm buying. the seller thought he had the car "priced to sell" and won't move, this one is immaculate. It also comes with 12mth breakdown and a years warranty (yes, I know they can be pants, but I can investigate) and buying from a dealer gives me some consumer protection over a private sale.

I didn't go for the 250 as I couldn't find one within budget without astronomical miles so this was the next best. I tried to reserve a white coupe from a dealer in Kent, but he wouldn't hold it for me and sold it an hour later. I have a strict budget, so I've go with what I like and what I can afford :)

Any advice on lag always appreciated, the one I drove on Saturday was fine to pull away, felt smooth. But if there are improvements to be had, please do point me in how to get it done or looked at.

The remap is way less expensive than going up to a C250 on this car for what I could find. It seems the remap to 200bhp is quite common, stable and reliable. Plus the place I'm booked into check the vehicle over and will not map unless they are confident in the engine diagnostic.

Cheers.
Fire opal red issue .

Artico issue .

This is 2012 C Class coupe with 71K .

View attachment 121126

Both issues have someone new posting every month !
Sounds like a hand run over the paint will be the way forward, feel for imperfections and have a good look, just like the old days (I used to work in the trade). Same for the seats, if they are ripped, I don't buy. I have the option to walk away, usually rips are from rivets in jeans and not being careful getting in and out. My current car has similar issues on the side bolsters wearing and tearing due to the design and the way you have to swing out, it's more common on all cars than most people think. Good thing is, this material should (theoretically) be harder wearing (I know that isn't always the case) and easier to repair.

The paint issues in the thread, I have seen something like that before with VW and it was water in the paint before it dried properly and the lacquer was applied. It showed as similar streaks and faults. The bubbling will be a prep problem and a thinner paint exasperating the issue. as you say, may not be on all of them, but it points to a paint being either thinner or a poor process on a batch. Again, advice appreciated and something to look for when I get there.

OP
OP
Seanalf

Seanalf

Car
C200 CDI Sport 4dr
I don't mind the questions as at least there's some honest reasons behind them and it's not just a "I don't like it, so you shouldn't" shout. Red isn't to everyone's taste and I get why some don't like the artico seats, but to be fair, for what I'm paying, the car looks superb and I can't wait to own it. If it's not as good when I get there, I can walk away.

I'd be interested in any advice on the lag that Gazwould mentioned earlier however
Or we could just say that we hope you enjoy your new car!
:):cool:

dmb007

Car
E400 Cab
Enjoy your new car and hope all goes well.

If you require any info or assistance whilst in Burnley let me know as I am local.

Which dealer is it, as there are no MB dealers in Burnley.

Take Care
David

guhvies

SUPPORTER
Car
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
I'd be interested in any advice on the lag that Gazwould mentioned earlier however

:):cool:
I had a C250cdi and that had lag as well. At a junction of roundabout, you need to hit the loud pedal about .25 to .5 seconds before you want to move off otherwise you just look like a muppet joining traffic. It's either that or always be in sport mode.

chic0821

Car
S63 AMG Coupe, Range Rover Sport, 992 Porsche Carrera 4S
I had a C250cdi and that had lag as well. At a junction of roundabout, you need to hit the loud pedal about .25 to .5 seconds before you want to move off otherwise you just look like a muppet joining traffic. It's either that or always be in sport mode.
Range Rover is the same, you end up in no mans land with traffic bearing down on you. Probably the same reason. They pull away in 2nd gear

OP
OP
Seanalf

Seanalf

Car
C200 CDI Sport 4dr
Enjoy your new car and hope all goes well.

If you require any info or assistance whilst in Burnley let me know as I am local.

Which dealer is it, as there are no MB dealers in Burnley.

Take Care
David
Hi David, Red Rose cars if you fancy a drive-by lol.

Good reviews and lots of sense on the phone without all the usual rubbish.

tonysmb

Car
MB
If you do find the initial pull away has a slight lag, the fact that they're programned to pull away in 2nd gear, unless full throttle is applied, is a factor. Selecting 'Sport' when you're likely to want a quicker start might improve the feel.
Enjoy your new car.

colinallcars

Car
B180
Sounds like you’ve got plans to spend a bit of money on this car. Wouldn’t it be wise to wait a couple of months until you’re confident it’s a good one and that any warranty issues have been dealt with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom