All confirmed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds like you’ve got plans to spend a bit of money on this car. Wouldn’t it be wise to wait a couple of months until you’re confident it’s a good one and that any warranty issues have been dealt with?
The remap is not too bad, I've saved a bit getting this car over the other, so there's that. I will run her for a while, make sure all is good before doing anything else, but that's good advice

Then there's the worn timing chain tensioner , leaking water pump and the fuel filter housing coolant inlet outlet to look out for and any soft fault codes that don't put up an eml .

Then there's the worn timing chain tensioner , leaking water pump and the fuel filter housing coolant inlet outlet to look out for and any soft fault codes that don't put up an eml .
I'll be looking into warranties and making sure things like that are covered as well. Motoreasy looking a good shout at the moment with regards to covering wear items as well, but a phone call to confirm will make me happier. To be honest, I own a 75, I'm used to random things going wrong and having to learn common faults. To be fair, if we worried about what could go wrong, we'd never buy a car again :):)

OP . This is a W204 C class the rear sub frame needs VERY close inspection before purchase (Google it or search it on here) Do not rely on a recent MOT for peace of mind on this very expensive (scrap the car) issue.

Hi Sean or Alf,

Just been to local tip which is on the same industrial estate as dealer.

I thought it would be rude, not to pop in and see if I could see your car. Don't mean to interfere. Did find a red C220 2 door coupe on a 12 plate.

Took some photos of bits and bobs.

Would email you, but I think you don't have another posts for me to do that on this site. Don't wont to post publicly.

Regards
David

Hi Sean or Alf,

Just been to local tip which is on the same industrial estate as dealer.

I thought it would be rude, not to pop in and see if I could see your car. Don't mean to interfere. Did find a red C220 2 door coupe on a 12 plate.

Took some photos of bits and bobs.

Would email you, but I think you don't have another posts for me to do that on this site. Don't wont to post publicly.

Regards
David
Hi David, yes, that's the one. Email is [email protected], hopefully it looked ok?

What drugs are people taking to do this sort of abomination ?

Mine wasnt bad at all , I was expecting worse , but it's a from the inside thing .

All winter proofed now .

20211025_162915.jpg

Massive "thank you" and shout out to dmb007 for looking at the car today and sending me some pics. Few bits the dealer has missed, so email sent to see what (if anything) can be done, if not, it gets binned.

Nice one David, thank you so much, I really appreciate your time :):cool:

Massive "thank you" and shout out to dmb007 for looking at the car today and sending me some pics. Few bits the dealer has missed, so email sent to see what (if anything) can be done, if not, it gets binned.

Nice one David, thank you so much, I really appreciate your time :):cool:
This is great- the power of the forum👍👍
Top man dmb007

I don't mind the questions as at least there's some honest reasons behind them and it's not just a "I don't like it, so you shouldn't" shout. Red isn't to everyone's taste and I get why some don't like the artico seats, but to be fair, for what I'm paying, the car looks superb and I can't wait to own it. If it's not as good when I get there, I can walk away.

I'd be interested in any advice on the lag that Gazwould mentioned earlier however

:):cool:
Well said, we can’t all afford the perfect car of our dreams - enjoy

Yeah, sent me some pics of awful lacquer peel on the drivers door, so unless they are prepared to respray, I'm not buying
That's a shame; still, onwards and upwards. There's always another one round the corner.

Gents:

With the car not being up to scratch, it has lacquer peel in two places on the drivers door, I have a quandry.
Do I

A) Get him to drop the price and get the car seeing as I can't refund tickets etc and if so, how much?
B) Buy the 4dr AMG I drove on Saturday for £9600, same colour/spec, 44k, FSH all Merc, but needs 2x tyres and a service, private sale
C) Buy a C200 Sport 140bhp with 38k, 1 owner but may need brakes doing (advisories on last MoT, asking dealer if they have been done) and remap to 170bhp?

Other than that, mu choices are limited. There is a SE Coupe but it's not an AMG spec, it looks great, but would I just spend all my time thinking "it's not an AMG" lol Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom