All confirmed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I'll have a look at it while I'm waiting.....

He did promise to let me have a little go as well
Thank you for sharing. I got really excited when I saw the price. Unfortunately it’s a Cat N write-off, equivalent to what was Cat D.

If similar cars with more mileage are going for three times that asking price, and a Cat N classification drops the value by 30% or so, think how much more the seller could ask for the car by spending an hour or less phoning Porsche centres and getting a copy of the service history...

And where was the car between 2008 and 2015? Nasty suspicious mind that I have, that driver's seat looks to have done a lot more than 5K miles...

If similar cars with more mileage are going for three times that asking price, and a Cat N classification drops the value by 30% or so, think how much more the seller could ask for the car by spending an hour or less phoning Porsche centres and getting a copy of the service history...

And where was the car between 2008 and 2015? Nasty suspicious mind that I have, that driver's seat looks to have done a lot more than 5K miles...
Blimey. I stopped reading at Cat N…

I bought a Cat D once - a Saab 9-5 Aero estate. I ran it for three years and had no problems at all. If the price was right, and everything else stacked up OK, I'd not let a Cat N write-off put me off.

That Porsche looked too cheap, so I spent five minutes looking at the pictures and the MoT history. Also, I could only find twenty reviews for the seller, and they were all five-star. Either he walks on water, or that's a bit fishy...

The car may be fine, and a genuine bargain, but I'd not buy it.

I bought a Cat D once - a Saab 9-5 Aero estate. I ran it for three years and had no problems at all. If the price was right, and everything else stacked up OK, I'd not let a Cat N write-off put me off.

That Porsche looked too cheap, so I spent five minutes looking at the pictures and the MoT history. Also, I could only find twenty reviews for the seller, and they were all five-star. Either he walks on water, or that's a bit fishy...

The car may be fine, and a genuine bargain, but I'd not buy it.
To be honest, the 3 calls I've had with him make me think he's very much an enthusiast. Very affable and pleasant.

I shall let you know after tomorrow if he measures up in the car stakes

To be honest, the 3 calls I've had with him make me think he's very much an enthusiast. Very affable and pleasant.
They all are until you've paid for the car. Remember you're buying the car, not the seller...

They all are until you've paid for the car. Remember you're buying the car, not the seller...
I used to be that side of the desk, I worked for VAG for 14yrs so I find it quite easy to disconnect, hence binning the other car. That dealer wanted me to be there, FOMO and take it away.

Got my deposit refund and the cost of my train tickets

Fear of Missing Out. So you travel 5hrs, all excited, spot the damage, but your there, he offers to knock a couple of quid off, you don't have an alternative or a ticket home, you take the car as you think you'll miss out. :)

If that's a 5k miles car, I'm the Duchess of Sussex.

The gap between the driver’s door and front wing on that Boxster, and the two tone paint, give some clues to the standard of repair and care that’s gone into that car.

I’ve seen 986/996 seats with ten-twenty times that mileage in better nick. I guess it’s possible the numbers add up, but I don’t see the point in buying that car for its low mileage when it’s in worse condition that many with higher mileage.

I’d tread with caution - I know you’re buying a different car but most reputable dealers probably wouldn’t retail cars like that Boxster, IMHO, which unfortunately may say a bit about them and their standards?

The gap between the driver’s door and front wing on that Boxster, and the two tone paint, give some clues to the standard of repair and care that’s gone into that car.

I’ve seen 986/996 seats with ten-twenty times that mileage in better nick. I guess it’s possible the numbers add up, but I don’t see the point in buying that car for its low mileage when it’s in worse condition that many with higher mileage.

I’d tread with caution - I know you’re buying a different car but most reputable dealers probably wouldn’t retail cars like that Boxster, IMHO, which unfortunately may say a bit about them and their standards?
I shall report back!

Glad to see your have got your deposit refunded AND train fare.

Regards
David

Billy Bargain Bonus

Just got back from picking the car up, horrendous traffic on the M4, but that's another story.

Car is wonderful, not a scratch on the paintwork, one small pin dent. Wheels are a bit scuffed, but I knew that and he knocked off a few quid for it.

Rear camera works perfectly

2 Tyres done, service done, MoT done, front pads and discs done, handbrake done. New wiper blades.

Sat Nav has working TMC and seems to have Connect? Saved me half hour on the journey home redirecting! It's showing as 2012 V5, so assuming there's an update?

Car has adaptive lights, which I didn't know as well and the auto high beam.

No squeaks or rattles at all, pick up is good and no lag that I could feel or concerned me.

50mpg with the traffic was very good.

Dealer was easy, let me take all the time to look her over, simple.

So 2 questions, what SD card/download do I need to update the maps so I don't lose the TMC etc?

If I put a new battery in the spare key, how do I pair it back to the car?

I'll put some pics up tomorrow

Found the maps and how to's on the key, so do that tomorrow.

Now I need to spend a bit of time setting up the car to how I want etc and keeping the wife away from the keys....

Billy Bargain Bonus

Just got back from picking the car up, horrendous traffic on the M4, but that's another story.

Car is wonderful, not a scratch on the paintwork, one small pin dent. Wheels are a bit scuffed, but I knew that and he knocked off a few quid for it.

Rear camera works perfectly

2 Tyres done, service done, MoT done, front pads and discs done, handbrake done. New wiper blades.

Sat Nav has working TMC and seems to have Connect? Saved me half hour on the journey home redirecting! It's showing as 2012 V5, so assuming there's an update?

Car has adaptive lights, which I didn't know as well and the auto high beam.

No squeaks or rattles at all, pick up is good and no lag that I could feel or concerned me.

50mpg with the traffic was very good.

Dealer was easy, let me take all the time to look her over, simple.

So 2 questions, what SD card/download do I need to update the maps so I don't lose the TMC etc?

If I put a new battery in the spare key, how do I pair it back to the car?

I'll put some pics up tomorrow
Congratulations, sounds like a corker. I believe the key should spring into life when you put the battery in, at least that’s what happens when you replace the battery whilst the old one still has some charge in it.

Congratulations, sounds like a corker. I believe the key should spring into life when you put the battery in, at least that’s what happens when you replace the battery whilst the old one still has some charge in it.
Yeah, I hope so as it flatter than a flat thing.

Ooh, heated seats as well, glad I won't be missing them as I have them in the 75 and they are a god send

Looks like you have a winner,well found,what about the Boxer did you give it a once over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom