All in a day's work.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Quetzalcoatl

Car
CLS55 AMG
Spent the day tidying up the beast....

Headlights were looking a bit worn and crazed so I thought I'd see what could be done, followed by a really good clean.

So I decided to use the 3M restoration kit, followed by a coating of Gtechniq C5: View media item 8062
Headlight before I started
View media item 8061
The " Oh sweet jesus I hope this works" moment.. :eek:
View media item 8060
Finished result:
View media item 8057
On to the bodywork then, snow foamed, wheels cleaned, polished with a bit of demon shine, waxed with Meguiars nxt tech2, all glass done with rain x and alloys coated with Gtechniq c5.

Pretty happy with the results, bodywork is like glass and so reflective but I'm totally knackered! :)
View media item 8056View media item 8059View media item 8058
Shame I drove through a muddy puddle 20 minutes later...... :wallbash::rolleyes: Only took six hours of graft but hey ho......

Last edited:
For anyone thinking of doing their headlights, the 3M kit is better than several others I've used over the years. Seriously impressed with it and couldn't recommend it enough. Will have to wait and see how the Gtechniq coating holds up as I've not used it before but I figure if it's good enough for alloys, it'll do on the lights!

That looks fantastic !

I did the same (apart from the headlights) yesterday and now she’s so black and shiney I’m reluctant to drive her and get her dirty. One thing though, I only put rain x on the windscreen, you do all the glass.
Is it worth doing the side and rear glass ?

Thanks! My reasoning for doing all the glass is it keeps the dirt off longer, plus I like the fact that water beads and runs off every surface of the car effortlessly.

For best results , clay the glass first .

The first time I used Rain X was many years ago and I still do, but I regretted using it on the windscreen as the wipers juddered badly on it. Has the formulation changed such that wipers now glide across it?

Has the formulation changed such that wipers now glide across it?

Couldn't say but I don't get any juddering on any of the cars it is used on. Smooth as silk.

Yep looks fantastic. Like new
Did the same thing on Mrs Edd1968's A210 lights. Worked a treat.
I found some new old tick items for £32 each so saved myself the elbow grease!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom