All ML Owners-advice sought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mxs

Car
ML320 CDI Sport
Any ML owners out there who can advise me the best product or tips on cleaning the running boards please?

Last edited:
Patience.
Patience.
Patience.
Autosol
Brasso/Silvo (prefer wad to liquid)

Only do the front half and leave a week - then you will see it is worth completing the rear half.

Drop it off at a retailers and let them do it for you! ;)

Unfortunately, or fortunately , depending on how you look at it, I saw this problem coming and opted for the running board replacements that are just 3" diameter Stainless Steel tubes, with the rubber treads stuck-on. Very easy to clean and any scratches can be polished-out, within reason..

Presumably, as people are recommending abrasive cleaners, the "standard" running boards are not plated in any way? In that case, regular (slightly) abrasive cleaners are the only solution. If they're Aluminium, CPC sell some very good Aluminium polish that will bring it up like chrome.....the problem is you have to keep it that way.

Maybe try the heavy-duty wax that's designed for alloy wheels?

On mine (2010) it had the alloy finish with hundreds of rubber dots/ovals, and I found it was just as easy to use a good tyre finisher (aerosol) on them, get them well covered and then a rub over with a brush and cloth.

The alloy will always look a bit tatty though, just not a good finish on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom