All Season/Cross Climate tyres - any experience or recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Like OFTR above, I have Bridgestone evo2 All Seasons on mine.(put on in December)
Quieter than the summer Contis that were on there and feel nice on the road, but not yet tested in anger / snow.

PS 3 years ago today we had 3 inches of snow here in Southampton :eek: :eek:

Like OFTR above, I have Bridgestone evo2 All Seasons on mine.(put on in December)
Quieter than the summer Contis that were on there and feel nice on the road, but not yet tested in anger / snow.

PS 3 years ago today we had 3 inches of snow here in Southampton :eek: :eek:
They handle ok in snow tbh. If you feather the throttle . As for in anger rated a for wet grip , my e350 holds the back end well .

In addition to latitude I would be inclined to factor in --- altitude above sea level , location [ remote-city -suburbs] time of day when travelling [temps drop at night road treatments may cease]- alternative transport- tight travel schedule/essential worker ----- into the mix also

Thanks folks for all your useful and often well thought out comments!
To clarify my needs - we get a few days of snow each winter but rarely enough to maroon us. I had a set of winter wheels and tyres for my X3 and certainly noticed the cold wet weather grip that the winter tyres provided. However, if I could avoid the twice a year swapover, then that would be fine. I am also engaged in activities that sometimes involve wet grass and mud so that some M + S capability is useful.
I have been trawling the web for the best balance between quality and price. My favourite is the Michelin Cross Climate and my second choice was the Pirelli Scorpion Verde. There was a £200 difference in the price of a set of 4 until Markjay pointed to the KwikFit offer which reduced the difference. Thanks Markjay.
I then contacted my local family owned tyre shop and they reduced the cost of 4 Michelins by a further £100. Great result, they'll be fitted next week.
Thanks again for your help with this!

I have been using Mich X Climate (245 45 R17 Y) on an 2014 s212 for 30k miles now. Worked on sleet, snow as well as on 40+ deg summer tarmac quite well. Although the wear and the price is above that of a normal summer tyre I would recommend them definitely.

I have been using Mich X Climate (245 45 R17 Y) on an 2014 s212 for 30k miles now. Worked on sleet, snow as well as on 40+ deg summer tarmac quite well. Although the wear and the price is above that of a normal summer tyre I would recommend them definitely.
Hi George and thanks for the info. How many miles did you get out of a set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom