All singing and dancing cleaner ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidoff

Car
C180 PanEvo Kom coupe
Hi All..
I bought my very nice spotless C180 Coupe from a very nice lady, (arn't they all) who cleaned the leather and all the trim with something called "Star Drops", i think that's what she called it. It did a great job too but i can't find the dam stuff anywhere, even on the internet.
Has anyone heard of it. She wouldn't let me have any because it was needed for the new SLK. I remember the bottle being very small as it was diluted before use...

Cheers...

"Star Drops" ?? isnt that a washing up liquid or a floor cleaner?

Stardrops - I've a bottle here, Says - The All Round Cleaner - Cleans Bright Without Dulling or Scratching.
Contains Bitrex, 15 to 30% Anionic Surfactant - what ever that all is lol.
Its like a floor carpet cleaner, you only need a tiny drop in a bucket of water.
The bottle says for Baths, Carpets, Cars!!, China, Floors, Fridges, Glasswear, Hand Laundry, Hobs, Mirrors, Paintwork, Sinks, Tiles, Upholstery, Washing-Up, UPVC Doors/Windows, Work Tops.
I've a plastic 600ml bottle but it comes in smaller glass bottles, you get it from discount kinda shops.

Sundrops Ltd
Huddersfield
HD7 5QH

I done a google search for stardrops cleaner
Here's a place that sells it 58p for 600ml - lol - Click Me Click Me

Stardrops Review

Last edited:
Plastic trim yes but I am not sure it is intended for use on leather long term. No doubt it works well enough in terms of cleaning because it is a powerful detergent but because of that it will also tend to strip out the natural oils and might ultimately cause the leather to dry out and crack faster than normal.

You could use a proper leather cleaner. Trouble is that they do not always bring light coloured leathers back to original. One reason why nice, sombre black (sorry anthracite) is so popular.

try baby wipes for leather, they work a treat

C240Sport97 said:
try baby wipes for leather, they work a treat

Now that is something i have never thought of trying...i will have a go...

thanks

Aletank said:
Stardrops - I've a bottle here, Says - The All Round Cleaner - Cleans Bright Without Dulling or Scratching.
Contains Bitrex, 15 to 30% Anionic Surfactant - what ever that all is lol.
Its like a floor carpet cleaner, you only need a tiny drop in a bucket of water.
The bottle says for Baths, Carpets, Cars!!, China, Floors, Fridges, Glasswear, Hand Laundry, Hobs, Mirrors, Paintwork, Sinks, Tiles, Upholstery, Washing-Up, UPVC Doors/Windows, Work Tops.
I've a plastic 600ml bottle but it comes in smaller glass bottles, you get it from discount kinda shops.

Sundrops Ltd
Huddersfield
HD7 5QH

I done a google search for stardrops cleaner
Here's a place that sells it 58p for 600ml - lol - Click Me Click Me

Stardrops Review

Great i think you have cracked it....thst sound just what i have been looking for, Trust me for forgetting to look in janitoral supplies !!!!!
Althought the coment about drying out the leather is a bit of a concern. I have the very light coloured leather so i will have to be careful i guess.
But many many thanks for all your efforts in tracking the stuff down.

Soooooooo......if the stardrops is a bit to strong for the leather what is a good cleaner ????

I use the Autoglym Leather Care Cream after having used baby wipes or just a damp cloth clean up any grot. Black leather hides so many sins anyway.

Autoglym Leather Cleaner would be OK if you need something stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom