All the things Formula One isn't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Blimey, I remember been stood on that very corner, good job Steve Soper was there or Cleland would have done his normal and rolled it, TBH the years with the RS500's were closer racing...

Loved it!!

Where is the rest of the race...?

20 year old bumper cars - it is not really comparable to F1 is it ?

DTM was doing it so much better back then.

No its much more exciting racing than F1 is today!

Agreed, DTM probably was better but I don't remember seeing it much on BBC1 at the time.

Excellent . A bit like high speed dodgems at times but great viewing

Everything that F1 and BTCC isn't (and all the better for it).....

[YOUTUBE]9_axIytjoJU[/YOUTUBE]

Rallycross was my favourite ... I remember watching it on TV on Saturday afternoons (Grandstand?) as a kid. Went to a few races at Brands Hatch in the 80s.

I have to agree, the BTCC is great racing, and I def agree with G.P that back in the day, the RS 500's were the beasts to beat ! they were conquering touring car racing everywhere, including Australia with **** Johnston and Peter Brock in 89 - 91.
I have been going to Knockhill every year for about 14/15 years now for the BTCC, and it's a great day's racing, this year should be a good meeting with Sheddon being the current champ.
But, I am also an F1 fan, have been to many GP's, and it is not the procession it was in the Schumacher - Ferrari days ! The racing is much better with lots of overtaking, was at Budapest last year, and going back to Silverstone this year, its a brilliant week-end, the atmosphere, the smell, the noise and the people, makes for a really great w/e, with 3 days of practise, qualifying and racing - and a couple of beers, so dont knock it till you try it.

It's good to see some overtaking on the track rather than in the pits .

You obviously haven't been watching this year then?

No, to be honest I lost interest in the mid 90's when it al started to become very boring imo.

I should really give it another go but I'm put off by all the flashiness.

I like the wholesomeness and simplicity of the BTCC (and similar racing) but that's just my opinion, I'm sure many will disagree.

Suzi Perry isn't doing the BBC any favours, however the races have been pretty good.

Suzi Perry isn't doing the BBC any favours, however the races have been pretty good.
You have to admit though she is easier on the eye than Bernie Ecclestone :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom