All this snow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Car
99 CLK 320 Sport
just discovered that my CLK does not like to drive in the snow...:) went to work side ways! I think I'll take her car when it snows.

Mines better with 4 brand new tyres on it ...

Softly softly catchee monkey is the key in the snow , don't use the gas at all to get moving and sparingly when actually moving.

Gearbox in W , let the auto creep you forward to get you moving.

You may need to turn the ESP off at times to actually get moving.

Howard,
did you ever mentionned that we should swap? You will send me your wheel and I send you mine?
You have the 452? Is it?
A big thankk you for this :)

Ive been having great fun... two lorry drivers had to push me yesterday.... i didnt even get a chance to thank them, just covered them in snow from the spinning wheels!

I don't remember ever wanting to swap wheels :confused:

But yes , 452's on the back and i have some Contis on the front now ( they were free ) ....

Car is great.

Well , i spoke to the tyre guys who were fitting my 452's about the 912's and they reckon the only difference is one is directional and one is assymetric ...

Can't remember which way round it was though :eek:

what does it mean directional and one is assymetric? Sorry my ignorance?
I think I had more grip on the 452, but I only got the 912 a month ago and it has been a dreadfull weather, didn't do many miles yet, they might still be coated?

After my experience this afternoon, anybody who tells me I do not really "need" winter tyres is, rather than starting off a converstaion on the topic, now cordially invited to bugger off.

Last edited:
Is that Bisley Shooting Ground, Satch? Looks like the view of the Clock Tower from the shooting school/William Evans. Never been there in the snow, but then again I have my refresher lessons in September normally.

My RWD Lotus Esprit is a definite no in the snow, so today i took the wife's FWD Vectra..... Very hilly around my area and my only reason for dumping the car and walking four miles home was other cars crashing and blocking the roads....... Would winter tyres have helped? No, grip or not make no difference if your stuck in traffic.

Had a good fun day in the snow 3 hours to do 15 miles. Have new all year tyres allround.I will never use the c230k in the snow ever again:(
but was a laugh at roundabouts is was like tokyo drift :devil:

After my experience this afternoon, anybody who tells me I do not really "need" winter tyres is, rather than starting off a converstaion on the topic, now cordially invited to bugger off.

That's what our road looks like. I drove past Bisley twice today, going to St Johns & back mid-morning.

Is that Bisley Shooting Ground, Satch? Looks like the view of the Clock Tower from the shooting school/William Evans. Never been there in the snow, but then again I have my refresher lessons in September normally.

I used to shoot there (pistol) in the 60s and early 70s :eek:

I used to shoot there (pistol) in the 60s and early 70s :eek:

Those were the days. Nowadays to shoot pistols without fear of being nicked you have to be a criminal.

How about an epic BMW snow chain fail? Taken today.

(source Classic pic time (epic BMW snow chain fail) - Civinfo)

bmwfail.jpg

It is indeed. Everything called off around 11.00 but I had to stick around until 18.00, by which time things had got a lot worse.

No problem with the fresh snow but all the untreated roads had packed down and polished up nicely. Some main roads treated but very slushy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom