Allot wheels cleaning inner rims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Hello
My brand new gle bought in April 2016 - I washed by hand myself almost every week until it was keyed. I made sure the wheels were cleaned almost every weeks and car washed at least three times a month - so no pitting on deep alloys 265 45 20.
Since keyed only had washed twice and last time was last weekend - wheels insides are a mess, outside very easy to clean.

Therefore, anyone knows of a garage that will take off 4 wheels and just wash and put back on - not want refurb - should 40 quid do it, I guess for a washer with pressure washer ramp and elbow grease takes 40 minutes?

No funny comments please. :)

Last edited:
You are probably better off asking any of the local car hand wash establishments that are connected to a garage if they would do it. For £40 I expect they would snatch your hand off.

Just make sure that they do not place them face down when washing!

Also, apply a decent protective coating on the inside to ease future wash and longevity - "rim wax"!

Invest in a proper wheel brush and proper wheel cleaner ( I like auto finesse iron out ) and wella ...you'll be sorted !!

I've used an ez brush which is excellent however handles break after a year or so

I've recently invested in wheel Woolies brushes and I like them too

Gutted for you mate on the keying.. I know how that feels and it takes it right out of you to go back and wash etc. I've a Neighbor from Hell that spoiled it for me, tyres slashed, brake fluid etc.. so I know how you must feel as I too was an avid weekly washer..

Get yourself a set of Wheel Woolies, best out there! :thumb:

Gets to all the nooks and crannies without any risk of scratching the alloys

image.jpg

Wheel Woolies - Wheel Brush Kit - Clean Your Car

Many thanks all. TBH, I am a lazy person especially when it is cold and again thanks for the tips. 30+ hours at work Mon to friday wears me out but I have to do something - I think the easiest route is pay the carwashers 10 quid just for the wheels without taking them off, then a week or two later may be look at the 'woolies' and get one of our son's to bring their pressure washer over and they spend an hour or two on the wheels, thanks again.

Gutted for you mate on the keying.. I know how that feels and it takes it right out of you to go back and wash etc. I've a Neighbor from Hell that spoiled it for me, tyres slashed, brake fluid etc.. so I know how you must feel as I too was an avid weekly washer..

Thaks for your kind words and I honestly feel for you as well. Mine was keyed I think during a visit to a client, the area was ok, just luck of the draw I guess.

Having read your plight, at times like this I wish I was a police officer and saw the culprit having a go at your car then resisting arrest, I would have tasered the coward 7 times.

What really hurt me was that I had not bought a brand new car since 98 an Audi, then pre-owned MB's a bought a year old, this was my second brand new car a nice gle/amg line in black, worked hard, paid cash, it hurts, still hurts. But then I think about it and thank God that I'm not like these incestual parasites.
Thank you again and sorry re my rant.

I have just removed and cleaned the fronts on mine at the weekend. I used Wonder Wheels (similar to Iron X) and it discoloured the discs and calipers and the rims were quite pitted so decided to take them off and do a proper job. I had not cleaned the car for 4 weeks and they took some cleaning.
I normally wash it weekly and the wheels (inner and outer) were spotless before.
I don't think I will use Wonder Wheels again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom