Alloy Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
pic of my shiney new pedals

pedals1.jpg

:bannana:

Originally posted by steve_bcs pic of my shiney new pedals

pedals1.jpg
Slick!

Now you can say with pride: "What you mean you don't have evolution pedals? I thought they came as standard on all MBs? I've never seen one without them..." :rolleyes:

Ordered mine earlier from Gerard Mann (Brum) plus 4 new centre caps for my alloys (Chrome silver MB logo). Whaddya know? Pedals not in stock plus they only had 2 caps in stock.

For my trouble, I got 10% off the bill, mainly because I gave the parts chap all the part numbers, to his utter amazement. Thanks chaps!

Originally posted by Shude
Slick!

Now you can say with pride: "What you mean you don't have evolution pedals? I thought they came as standard on all MBs? I've never seen one without them..." :rolleyes:

Nice one Nick ! :) thanks for tips & part numbers.

Originally posted by steve_bcs
Nice one Nick ! :) thanks for tips & part numbers.
no problem.
Originally posted by GregE240
Ordered mine earlier from Gerard Mann (Brum) plus 4 new centre caps for my alloys (Chrome silver MB logo). Whaddya know? Pedals not in stock plus they only had 2 caps in stock.
If you see something posted on this forum and you fancy ordering it, do so quick! It's usually an item you won't find in stock and as everyone else wants to buy it too it turns into a dreaded "back order" part very quickly!
Originally posted by GregE240
For my trouble, I got 10% off the bill, mainly because I gave the parts chap all the part numbers, to his utter amazement. Thanks chaps!
That's why you joined the forum remember? :) My stealership parts guys are always amused (bored more like!) at the parts I order, especially when most of the time they don't look like they will fit and they're often disturbingly cheap. OEM mods are the best! :)

hmmmm... yes - my Gas Pedal and Parking Brake have come in - but the brake pedal is on "back order" - no indication of how long it will take either - oops ! How annoying !

Fitted my pedals last week, but had one extra job to do ... ;)

pedals1.jpg

pedals2.jpg

so when I wear out my accelerator pedal :D , I have a spare :p . And yes, it is secured properly.

It was an easy job fitting the pedals; the hardest bit was removing the gunk off them :confused: .

Cheers

Andrew

Very nice job !

....although if it was my Accelerator on back order instead of the Brake pedal, I think I would accuse you of being a bit greedy !!

How did you secure it ?

Simon.

LOL! It'll soon be here, honest :D .

On the back of the pedal, at the top, is the pivot point bracket (I don't know what else to call it :confused: ). I cut a (tight) square hole out of the mat and pushed the bracket through the hole. This was a *very* tight fit. I then screwed in a tight-fitting screw. It is rock-solid.

I was going to screw in the bottom bit as well (the springy bit), but to be honest, it's secure enough as it is. Will see how it goes over the next couple of drives.

I'll post a picture tomorrow, but it isn't particularly pretty. ;)

Cheers

Andrew

BTW: Thanks Nick for the part numbers and the "training course" at the GTG :D . I think it was also you who suggested using an accelerator pedal as a footrest? So, thanks!

Cheers

Andrew

I ordered my pedals 2 weeks ago now and the dealer finally rang me up yesterday (friday 25th) to say they have arrived,Picked them up at dinner time £20 marvalous. And got them fitted after work. A bit of boiling water to soften up the rubber made it a lot easier about 15 min start to finish.Cheapest mod yet.

Originally posted by pluggers
I ordered my pedals 2 weeks ago now and the dealer finally rang me up yesterday (friday 25th) to say they have arrived,Picked them up at dinner time £20 marvalous. And got them fitted after work. A bit of boiling water to soften up the rubber made it a lot easier about 15 min start to finish.Cheapest mod yet.

postpics.gif

I would if I could. I need a digital camera (oh how I wish) maybe for my birthday. At the moment I have to rely on trusted 35mm and a trip down to safeway afterwards.Why not look on my website and check out my bit of powder coating on the cam cover all done at my works over the weekend and done for nowt.The joys of having a paint shop handy.

I saw your powdercoated cover , its aboslutely spankers mate. How much could you get mine done for? I want mine done in Blue! or Black.

errr......You have a paintshop handy????

You kept that quiet! Tell us more please?

Pluggers,

I like this one. Does your dog look like that because it knows it’s about to get
the lid shut on it? :D
12.jpg

Originally posted by Koolvin
I saw your powdercoated cover , its aboslutely spankers mate. How much could you get mine done for? I want mine done in Blue! or Black.
Its possible to get yours done,Dont know about price never really thought about it.Black isn't a problem blue might be tho, It all depends on stock.

Originally posted by Sp!ke
errr......You have a paintshop handy????

You kept that quiet! Tell us more please?

Im a tig welder by profession working on aluminium and stainless steel light guage fabrications 0.8mm - 4.0mm usually.So little jobs like my cam cover can be done now and again. The paint shop is used for either powder coating mainly, with some wet spraying every now and again.First the job to be done is put on an overhead track and sent through a large phosfate degreaser(i think that's what they call it?) which is very hot, then it is washed off with cold water and then sent into an oven to be dried.Then it is powder coated then onto the big ovens to be baked on.My cam cover took about 1 hour approx start to finish.

Originally posted by Simon
Pluggers,

I like this one. Does your dog look like that because it knows it’s about to get
the lid shut on it? :D

Its one of the dogs (holly) little habbits now.We have to put her in the boot so she will eat or drink when were on a picnic and its windy out.:D

Hi!

My husband bought the alloy pedals after I showed him the picture and told him how much it cost.

Quote on fitting instruction
"... then take the pin/clip out of the hinge on your gas pedal, let it spring down and take the two tall plastic nuts off that hold it to the floor"

My husband said that he cannot see the two plastic nuts.. on his W203 C180.

Question:
Does the above instruction apply only to W202? If so, is there any instruction available for the W203?

Thanks.

Regards,
swl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom