Alloy Refurbishment London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ozboy

Car
W213
I am in the process of readying my s212 AMG Sport to return to MB Finance and wondering if anyone can recommend anyone who can refurbish alloys with diamond cut finish inexpensively in London?

Thanks

Guessing hire purchase?

Not MB but sister had a car on hire purchase and the alloy kerbing was covered under normal wear and tear, even if they charge you it'll be same/cheaper usually and easier than you resolving it before

Last edited:
Guessing hire purchase?

Not MB but sister had a car on hire purchase and the alloy learning was covered under normal wear and tear, even if they charge you it'll be same/cheaper usually and easier than you resolving it before

Depends how bad it is, a certain amount as you say is put down to wear and tear but if its a biggy then they can charge you a fortune.

It's beyond acceptable wear and tear - typical amount of London keen damage from parking

If Billericay isn't too far from you, I can recommend Paint it UK, CM12 9HP. Did a great job on my VXR diamond cut alloys, and for a very reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would thoroughly recommend First Aid Wheels in Hampstead. They also list on ebay.

It's an exchange service, so you phone ahead and book your car in making sure that they have those wheels in since it's only a like-for-like swap. £400 quoted for my S212 18s. However if they take your wheels off and they are not totally round, i.e slightly buckled, then there is a £20 surcharge for each wheel. You can watch them do the check - I ended having to pay another £40, getting away with a third that was only marginal. Still a cracking deal as diamond cut OEM finish and 6 months on no defects.

The quality of MB OE wheels is very disappointing - none of my wheels were kerbed as I take care and mostly don't have to parallel park The rear two still looked good 4 years down the line, but the lacquer had totally lifted front the centre of the fronts and they'd gone all milky (though someone also suggested that the culprit for this is actually a tyre fitting machine and that the breakdown occurs when tyres are replaced).

Very busy place with lots of other top marques having wheels done. 10 out of 10 for the wheels themselves (I also took 2 new rear tyres for them to fit) and the small minus points would be replacement valves a wee bit short and extremely cramped L-shaped garage. Once done, I had to reverse my car 50 yards with vehicles on both sides and it felt like there was about 2 inches clearance! Also good to get hold of some new centre caps or else they just use your old ones.

Thanks all - I phoned WheelXchange in Ealing and quoted £300 to exchange all 4 wheels for refurbished ones providing they are in stock. If no stock they will provide loan wheels while they fix my wheels which should take 4 days. Wheels are 18" from W212 AMG Sport.

I would thoroughly recommend First Aid Wheels in Hampstead. They also list on ebay.

It's an exchange service, so you phone ahead and book your car in making sure that they have those wheels in since it's only a like-for-like swap. £400 quoted for my S212 18s. However if they take your wheels off and they are not totally round, i.e slightly buckled, then there is a £20 surcharge for each wheel. You can watch them do the check - I ended having to pay another £40, getting away with a third that was only marginal. Still a cracking deal as diamond cut OEM finish and 6 months on no defects.

The quality of MB OE wheels is very disappointing - none of my wheels were kerbed as I take care and mostly don't have to parallel park The rear two still looked good 4 years down the line, but the lacquer had totally lifted front the centre of the fronts and they'd gone all milky (though someone also suggested that the culprit for this is actually a tyre fitting machine and that the breakdown occurs when tyres are replaced).

Very busy place with lots of other top marques having wheels done. 10 out of 10 for the wheels themselves (I also took 2 new rear tyres for them to fit) and the small minus points would be replacement valves a wee bit short and extremely cramped L-shaped garage. Once done, I had to reverse my car 50 yards with vehicles on both sides and it felt like there was about 2 inches clearance! Also good to get hold of some new centre caps or else they just use your old ones.

OMG I am going there tomorrow.
Very put off, TBH I dont think I could reverse 50 yards with a 2" gap.
Just not used enough to this car ... and its huge and long.
I also assume a CL500 C216 is a bit bigger than an E350??
So that makes the gap less than 2".

I saw a testimonial by a guy in Bentley ... I assume they are huge too?

Do they drive it?
Or help guide you?

Christ 50 yards backwards with a 2" gap ... I may cancel!
Were you serious?

Do they drive it?
Or help guide you?

Were you serious?

Someone will either assist you with the backup, or do it for you.
When I returned to collect my wheels, there was space to turn around, so there was no need to reverse out. You may be lucky.

I've had 2 sets of wheels done here, and would use them again.

Home - Wheel Refurbishing

Sort of near Watford NW outer London.

I used these guys and the quality of work was poor, wheel isn't straight and there were dust marks of the wheels, clear lacquer was really thick, colour doesn't match either

Wouldn't Recommend them at all

Used lepsons before and should have used them again

Thanks all - I phoned WheelXchange in Ealing and quoted £300 to exchange all 4 wheels for refurbished ones providing they are in stock. If no stock they will provide loan wheels while they fix my wheels which should take 4 days. Wheels are 18" from W212 AMG Sport.

Have you got them fixed? I used to use guys like that for my focus wheels, they usually give you wheels of unknown origin and some of them are pretty poor dynamically. Finish was ok.

I started using posh wash, £92 per diamond cut wheels. If you know your original wheels are true, it's better not replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used First Aid Wheels for their like-for-like swap offer - remarkably convenient, with just a single trip and 40 minutes all in, and the fact that they didn't have to rush the refurb.

Very happy with the finish and custom colour I requested (light anthracite in high gloss).

Do they drive it?
Or help guide you?

Were you serious?

LOL! How did you get on? Didn't have a ruler, so may be exaggerating a bit - but bottom line is - it's bl**dy tight! As said, sure someone would help if you asked.

Oh yeah - it was tight even for A200, although I managed on my own.

30400064354_4b3372b090_o.png

Have you got them fixed? I used to use guys like that for my focus wheels, they usually give you wheels of unknown origin and some of them are pretty poor dynamically. Finish was ok.

I started using posh wash, £92 per diamond cut wheels. If you know your original wheels are true, it's better not replace.

I will probably go with WheelXchage as I will be hading the car back to MB Finance very soon after and therefore, in this instance only, I care more about the finish and price than the dynamics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom