alloy rim, what are they worth to you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
Saw those today, the paint is flaking, the inside show some corrosion/ paint bulging, like alloy is corroded a bit. Some balance weights are tagged to the rim, some weight where stick inside and removed/ lost ( there was the sticker mark )
Now, I know the price would be what is someone would like to pay for those, this is why this post.
What do you think those are worth?
I don't like the way someone already bid on those, its a wee "odd" to bid so soon, but hey,. why not.
I am still looking for winter tyres, this is why. I would prefer steel wheels tho.
Anyway, here are the rim. Any input are greatly appreciated.
Olivier
eBay UK Item Bid History

Not much detail re part number, offset etc. Would they even fit your car? Personally around £120 max. Likely to need a refurb but hard to tell from the pictures.

I'm 99% sure they are 16". The seller has probably used a tape measure and figured 17".

Just picked up a set of alloys for the probe... original 24v swirlies (not that it'll mean much... suffice to say, they're very rare)

Paid £80 including 1 brand new tyre and 3 part worns... they don't need a refurb yet, but they do need balancing... so really, it's down to how much you're willing to spend.

I found that buying alloys on ebay tends to be a LOT more expensive than finding people on forums who are getting rid of their alloys because they bought new ones...

M.

Oliver:Spike has a set of those,see for sale section as I can't post a link

I just send a PM to spike... might still have them?
Thank you for the replies.
Indeed they were 16", came out a W210 apparently, but they needed refurb from what I could see. I saw better rim then those at MB and they were throwing them away as a precaution.
Happy Friday.
Olivier

Spike's wheels are gone I am just told :(
Thank you for the link tho.
Olivier

Olivier; why not ring round a few scrap yards for later 90s/early 2000's W210 or compatible 16" steels?

I checked 2 and couldn't find any. I am also told that 16" steel wheels are not that common :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom