Alloy Wheel and Tyre Protection - - Insurance from MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c43amg84

Car
C43 AMG Coupe
When I picked up my c43 from MB they said they have thrown in Alloy Wheel and Tyre Protection policy.

Has anyone else had this? I am able to have 6 repairs done to my alloys and 4 new tyres (does not cover wear and tear).

I need 4 new tires but its only covered if my tyres pop or they are slashed...Do I really have to slash my tyres in order to get new ones free from MB?

Don't slash them, that would be fraud. Just buy new tyres if you have worn out the ones that are on the car.

The policy for alloy repairs is a hype as is managed and underwritten by a third party who have a network of so called mobile "smart repairers" on their books.

As mentioned above, screw/nail in the sidewall for the tyres and the wheel cover is an absolute con job. Not worth the paper it's written on.

Curious as how they work this. Example : worn but just legal rear tyre needs replacing (nail/screw) , do the replace the pair on the axle as is demanded by some manufactures ?

Not sure I would like to run one (just legal) the other brand new on my car , let alone someone who is pushing BIG horsepower.

Anyone had any claims paid/rejected ?

The one outcome that would never happen with this insurance in the event of a wheel claim would be a brand new wheel from Mercedes.
Re tyre damage the recommendation to replace both tyres in pairs is only made when you are paying for it.

The one outcome that would never happen with this insurance in the event of a wheel claim would be a brand new wheel from Mercedes.
Re tyre damage the recommendation to replace both tyres in pairs is only made when you are paying for it.
The recommendation to replace both tyres comes from the vehicle manufacturer not the insurance company.

if the insurance company changes just one tyre (on some cars) they will be invalidating their own insurance by not following the car manufacturers safety guidelines.. How does THAT work ?

Well for some reason my passenger side tyre keeps having a warning message and the pressure dropped from 245 to 190 today, so will they just change one tyre and leave the rest. Won't that unbalance it all. The tyres have covered 10k miles

Maybe they will just find and fix the slow puncture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom