Alloy Wheel Care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Hi folks!!! I am just about to purchase a new set of Alhena Alloys from MB (17'' 5 SPOKE) and wanted advice from you good people as to what products I should use to protect them from the weather and the dreaded brake dust??? They are a high sheen finish if that makes any difference in the care etc. but after spending so much money really would like to keep them mint. Look forward to your advice!!

wax them regularly.

clean them with car wash wax shampoo regularly .. should take about 10 minutes at most.

do not use wonder wheels and all those other wheel cleaners

Alhena? :D

They are awesome rims, please please take some pics and provide some details when you get them! I saw what I suspect was Alhenas on a W210 in the stealership showroom a few years ago and they looked amazing! IMHO they look a lot like brabus IVs but obviously without the insane pricetag! :)

I have these on my car :D they are my favorite alloy ever :rock: but they do suffer from oxidisation :( I would keep a set of naff wheels for winter use...

Cheers guys - I hope you are all talking about the same rims. I got these for £1000.00 from a MB dealership (the rims themselves are normally £162 + vat each) all in with a set of new Dunlop Sport SP9000 tyres (235 45 17). I guess keeping them waxed will alleviate some of the wear expecially in colder months.

peterchurch said:
I have these on my car :D they are my favorite alloy ever :rock: but they do suffer from oxidisation :( I would keep a set of naff wheels for winter use...
Already got that covered :D
Herbie said:
Cheers guys - I hope you are all talking about the same rims. I got these for £1000.00 from a MB dealership (the rims themselves are normally £162 + vat each) all in with a set of new Dunlop Sport SP9000 tyres (235 45 17). I guess keeping them waxed will alleviate some of the wear expecially in colder months.
Yeah, although in winter they'll be in the garage :) . That price is about what I was quoted when I asked at the stealership a few years ago. If we can confirm that they're the same wheels as I saw then I'm probably going to buy some, I need some rims fast as I'm still rolling on winter tyres atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom