Alloy wheel refurb - diamond cut

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB8701

Car
2007 Mercedes S320 W221 AMG Kit
Hi,

Anyone recommend me a company to have 19" alloys to be refurbished.
Machine polished face.

Have checked lepsons, anyone else?
Much rather here from people who have had them done.

Thanks

Last edited:
I've had 2 sets done by AP Tyres and Wheels in Rotherham South Yorkshire both sets came back perfect with immaculate finish. Just going to have my diamond cut wheels powder coated as diamond finish only ever lasts a few years at best.

If you are in Killie there used to be a motorsport place that did them just near the bypass and retail park that was a good few years ago mind :)

I've had 2 sets done by AP Tyres and Wheels in Rotherham South Yorkshire both sets came back perfect with immaculate finish. Just going to have my diamond cut wheels powder coated as diamond finish only ever lasts a few years at best.

If you are in Killie there used to be a motorsport place that did them just near the bypass and retail park that was a good few years ago mind :)

Thanks for the advise, not sure how much experience you have of the refurbishers around here but I wouldnt trust them with alloys from a fiat clio never mind anything else.

I remember giving in alloys a few years back and I am not sure what they done but everytime we got the tyres put on the laquar cracked all over. They were refurbished by the same guys twice until i said I will go elsewhere, however I couldnt go anywhere because he lost my key. I had to get my spare and leave.

I then went to someone in pretwick who came recommended and i took the wheels to him, he came with all the chat about how rubbish the other person was and said he could fix it. so a few days ago by and I am asked to come in, I have a look and the alloys look like the surface of mars. I asked what is this, they said the refurb was done so many times that the metal at the bottom erroded or some rubbish and thats why its like that, the staff told me that, the coward owner I spoke to the first time didnt even bother to show up when he said he would be.

I dont mind body damage on a car or scratches etc, they are easily fixed but alloys are a nightmare for me, I hate vibration and little kinks and kerb marks.

I have an S320 at the moment its in great condition and my alloys are spot on fully road force balance too so smooth as silk. I feel like a change so looking at an E350 with the 19 alloys but I am getting jittery thinking about the alloy problems I might have lol

Last edited:
I'm as particular as you too I travel nearly 200 miles to wheels in motion to get my balancing and geometry done also using Hunter kit.

Can't fault AP but having the wheels powder coated at DPC in Doncaster who I have seen do some excellent work

The outfit in Killie I mentioned used to repair my rally car wheels when I lived and competed up there. Can't remember tge first name but it was something motorsport

I'm as particular as you too I travel nearly 200 miles to wheels in motion to get my balancing and geometry done also using Hunter kit.

Can't fault AP but having the wheels powder coated at DPC in Doncaster who I have seen do some excellent work

The outfit in Killie I mentioned used to repair my rally car wheels when I lived and competed up there. Can't remember tge first name but it was something motorsport

:) These guys are brilliant, they have the GSP 9700, the road force balancer. No matter who else I have been to, anything that is 18"+ there is always one wheel out of balance.

I have used these guys 4 times for their road force machine and hunter alignment machine and its always spot on.

They seem to be very popular and have all the kit including alloy wheel straightening.

They actually have two hunter alignment machines! and all the wheel balancing kit exactly like the hunter website videos and let you watch.

I love them lol

Autotec Scotland - Car Service, Car Repairs, Tyres, Engine Diagnostics and Performance Tuning

Got mine done by a company in Mayfair, London through my detailer! results were Blinding/ everyone comments on them...
Black inserts with Diamond cut face.
Can give you his number to get them done if your London Based, Drop the car to him in Chelsea and give him 2 days.

Proper Job, Tyres Removed full Rim's done and Tyres Balanced and replaced carefully.

Highly recommended!

Last edited:
I haven't had my alloys done by Lepsons for diamond cut, but had them done for power coat twice, and twice the silver paint just flaked off in large chunks, leaving the white substrate layer visible.

Ronan1982 said:
Got mine done by a company in Mayfair, London through my detailer! results were Blinding/ everyone comments on them... Black inserts with Diamond cut face. Can give you his number to get them done if your London Based, Drop the car to him in Chelsea and give him 2 days. Proper Job, Tyres Removed full Rim's done and Tyres Balanced and replaced carefully. Highly recommended!
Hi Ronan. could you let me have the details for these guys please? Our ML63 wheels will need sorting in the near future. Thanks. Mark.

Lepsons did a great job on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom