Alloy wheel refurb recommendations...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJM

Car
2015 E63 AMG SALOON :)
Hi all,

I need to get me alloy wheels refurbed back to their original condition. Can anyone recommend where to go please? I'm based in Aylesbury if that makes a difference.
The car is a 2015 E63 Saloon.
I'll try to upload a photo. As you can see they are two-tone in colour...

Attachments

• IMG_8549.jpg
    IMG_8549.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 48
Just had mine done. Powder coated in grey. Very very happy.

Rs repairs based in Higham Ferrers, Northants. But I think they actually get done in Bedford

Just had mine done. Powder coated in grey. Very very happy.

Rs repairs based in Higham Ferrers, Northants. But I think they actually get done in Bedford

HI how much did this cost please and what was the procedure? Do they provide donor wheels?

Pristine Alloy Wheels Alloy Wheel Repair Experts, Alloy Refurbishment

My geography isn't that great but i don't think these guys are too far away from you, however they do a wheel exchange so you can keep using your own car while the wheels are off being fixed. These guys are GOOD, been using them for many years.

Last edited:
I used Pristine Wheels exchange service in 2010. Two of the four wheels that I had refurbished have just started to show signs of the dreaded white spider web.

I was very happy with their service and will use them again later on this year.

Can one have painted wheels like mine diamond cut?

The wheels are in OK condition damage wise, except they seem to have bubbling pai t near the wheel bolt holes see:-

Or is it better to have a powder coated chrome look like

Any advice appreciated

Never mind the wheels, have you taken a look at the state of that caliper!:devil:

Can one have painted wheels like mine diamond cut?

The wheels are in OK condition damage wise, except they seem to have bubbling pai t near the wheel bolt holes see:-

Or is it better to have a powder coated chrome look like

Any advice appreciated

Get some Hammerite on those callipers ASAP

Never mind the wheels, have you taken a look at the state of that caliper!:devil:

Yep the staining is a rust inhibitor, put there to halt the rust over winter . Need to sand it down and then reapply, and thrn paint now the better weather is here.
As I will be painting thrm myself ( no baking possible ) plan was to do the wheels first and then paint the calipers lol

Paint them, the heat from Braking will bake them!
Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom