Alloy wheel rim protectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reggie-rock

Car
2015 E Class coupe 220 diesel bluetec, 2009 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3
Has anyone here fitted alloy wheel rim protectors. noticed some just stick on and others fit around the lip of the rims.
Are these worth having as they look pretty smart in the range of colours available.

Tried them. Pretty simple to fit but when scuffed they look much worse than a scuffed alloy. Took them off again.

Has anyone here fitted alloy wheel rim protectors. noticed some just stick on and others fit around the lip of the rims.
Are these worth having as they look pretty smart in the range of colours available.

I fit Alloygator rim protectors regularly & they are very good. Once scuffed, you can trim off with the trimming tool to give a clean look again. If you don't like the result, you can replace that damaged one; MUCH better than having a kerbed rim & even better than having to refurbish!

karozza said:
I fit Alloygator rim protectors regularly & they are very good. Once scuffed, you can trim off with the trimming tool to give a clean look again. If you don't like the result, you can replace that damaged one; MUCH better than having a kerbed rim & even better than having to refurbish!

I've toyed with the idea of these as always fearful of marking my diamond cut wheels,

Could you post a photo of them on the wheels please?

I have just had alloygator fitted, cover up scuffs and look amazing. Well recommended. £120.00 supplied and fitted.

Attachments

• image-4079757718.jpg
    image-4079757718.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3725341207.jpg
    image-3725341207.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 73
Not recommended for Diamond cut wheels. The fear is that salt and grit can get caught between the two surfaces and cause corrosion.

My Dad fitted Alloygators, think they were coloured silver or something - local car wash wheel cleaner took the coloured coating off them so they are now blotchy white. Shyate, went in the bin. At £120 they are not that cheap, your better off spending 15secs to fold your mirror.

S

alloygators

Does anyone know where I can get alloygators fitted in the London/surrey area ??

£120... :eek: that's the cost to decently refurbish two wheels :wallbash:

Lower the mirrors to see where the curb is and make sure that the wheel doesn't come to close to it, simplest and most effective solution.

If the above is not possible, why choose a car with low profile tyres? :doh:

I have never fitted these ,but my cousin has just had his car smashed up .He had them on his 2013 bmw .Now asking me to fit a new set to the 2016 BMW he as coming .

Have a look on YouTube I toyed with fitting these but was put off by some of the stories I read about them coming loose under cornering and thrashing the f@@k out of the wheel arch
And I priced them up at £54.00 DIY fit
And I don't see how a small strip of plastic can save an impact with a curb

Look quite good but been put off, and I be leave if they are removed they leave a right mess glue grit scuffs and the like

For £120 think I'd rather continue to be able to drive properly! Lol

Not far off a full four-wheel refurbishment back to new standard

Those that need these I often judge, the same way I judge people that have to drive forward into spaces when parking... Who then spend forever trying to reverse out (especially in a supermarket car park) and inevitably end up reversing out on someone or causing a near miss

I thought reversing and parking were the norm during all vehicle driving lessons? :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom