Alloy wheels for Mercedes Vito 2009....any good? Link in description. .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Also looked at these;

4 Mercedes Benz 20 inch Alloy Wheels - 20x8.5JJ- 235/30R20 88Y tyres - LEEDS | eBay

With my virtually non existent knowledge of wheel and tyres combinations that will fit my van, I'm just not sure what will fit and be suitable /safe. The latter wheels are obviously very low profile so not sure if they would be suitable.

My Mercedes Vito 2009 is a converted camper van running on standard 17".

I'd appreciate any advice on the two sets of wheels I've posted information about.

Thank you.

Also looked at these;

4 Mercedes Benz 20 inch Alloy Wheels - 20x8.5JJ- 235/30R20 88Y tyres - LEEDS | eBay

With my virtually non existent knowledge of wheel and tyres combinations that will fit my van, I'm just not sure what will fit and be suitable /safe. The latter wheels are obviously very low profile so not sure if they would be suitable.

My Mercedes Vito 2009 is a converted camper van running on standard 17".

I'd appreciate any advice on the two sets of wheels I've posted information about.

Thank you.
You need wheels & tyres that are load rated to your van.
The rolling radius needs to remain the same in order not to affect the Speedo.
The 20's will give a harsh ride, 18's are a good compromise between looks and ride comfort.
The 88y tyre rating on the second set is not suitable for your van - you need extra load rated tyres (99+)
Wheels from the ML should have the right rating but unlikely to have the right tyres.
5x112 is the same as a VW T4 - plenty of those as Campers with wheels often available but check they are rated as they will often be car wheels

Before you buy any different wheels, check with your insurance company whether or not they'll charge you extra and how much. I'm given to understand that some insurers won't even quote for a van with non standard wheels.

Thanks for your input both of you, much appreciated. The insurance is a good point and that alone is probably a very good reason not to bother changing from standard!

If you increase the rolling radius by 6% or so you'll find the speedo becomes spot on at speeds between 45 - 70.
As said though the insurance might want to up your rates, and you might not be bothered to anyway.

Advantages are tyres should last 6% longer, the ride should be a little softer (and resist pot holes better), it will be less revs for the same road speed.

I found this site potentially useful to work out how much difference there will be when it comes to changing wheels/tyres;

225/55-R17 vs 275/35-R19 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World

I can always keep my eye out for anyone selling a set that have come off a Vito. Insurance wise it might not affect it too much as it is a converted camper van.

It'd be good to know exactly what other people have done with their Vito's and what wheel/tyre size people have used on theirs. I'll keep my eyes peeled on here!

I'm currently keeping my eye on these

19” AMG Mercedes ML GL V Class Vito Viano Alloy Wheels Tyres Alloys Genuine OEM | eBay

Seller says they will fit the Vito but I'm guessing the rolling radius would be quite a bit different as they are thick tyres and obviously bigger alloys.

Would anyone be able to advise first off whether wheels that have been removed from a 2014 ML (as these have been) and whether they'd bolt straight on to replace my current 17" alloys and also what size tyres would be most suitable?

Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom