Alloy Whes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnlewis1964

Car
2008 C180 Kompressor.
Hi folks will 18 inch wheels from an s class fit my c180 2008 w204 many thanks.
I bought a set of wheels 18 x 8 et 45 5 x 112 but they won't fit flush on hub hitting shock did I buy the wrong wheels it's my first Merc.

Last edited:
The offset is probably wrong despite the PCD and centre bore being correct.

You can do what I did with my winter wheels and just fit a spacer behind them to keep them from fouling the suspension (in my case, the brake calliper).

Will that do it do you thing what width spacer cheers.

What are a good make of spacer will I need longer bolts many thanks

Last edited:
An S class W220 or W221 front wheel should fit your c class but the rears will need 10mm hubcentric spacers.

Correction to the above. S class wheels have an ET 45. W204 C Class rear wheels the ET should be 54.
In theory, the S class wheel should sit 9mm further out toward the bodywork so a huncentric spacer shouldn't be required.
Apologies for the error.

Here is a chart to double check any wheel you want to fit and what you already have.
http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mercedes_alloy_wheels

Will they have low profile tyres on? So the overall rolling radius won't change?

If it is going to increase, your speedo will be wrong and you'll lose acceleration.

The error in the speedometer is small enough to be insignificant. - Changing from 14" to 16" wheels on my Nissan means that the speedometer reads 115mph instead of 112mph when the limiter kicks-in.

Correction to the above. S class wheels have an ET 45. W204 C Class rear wheels the ET should be 54.
In theory, the S class wheel should sit 9mm further out toward the bodywork so a huncentric spacer shouldn't be required.
Apologies for the error.

Here is a chart to double check any wheel you want to fit and what you already have.
Mercedes Alloys - Alloy Wheels Direct

But, if they are touching the shock they will need spacers.

I had a look at tyres and they are 255 x 45 x 18 could that be the issue many thanks.

I had a look at tyres and they are 255 x 45 x 18 could that be the issue many thanks.

Yep they should be 225/40. Those are too wide and too tall. Each side wall is an inch higher than standard...so the diameter is 2 inches too big.

Thanks guys so 225 x 40 front and back cheers thanks for all you help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom