AlloyGator - Saved my New alloy already!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thefibreguy

Car
2012 Range Rover Sport
Hi All,

Got my new 19" alloys fitted a couple of days ago.

No matter how carefully I drive/park, I always manage to curb my wheels at some point, which really annoys the hell out of me, & I act like I got PMT for the next couple of weeks (we all do, dont we?).

To stop this happening, I fitted a product called AlloyGator. They cost £60-£80 DIY for a set of 4, or £130 fitted for 4 wheels. They come in 5-6 different colours also.

I opted for the fitted option, cos the tyre needs to be deflated, retaining clips fitted to wheels, then the rim protector is clipped on, & finally the tyre re-inflated, wedging it in.

Its already saved me!! this could have been my alloy!!!!

wheel.jpg

& thats happened with me driving supa careful !!!

Thanks for reading.

Looks a bit weird though doesnt it?

Its like sticking those giant reflectors on the edge of your door..

Looks a bit weird though doesnt it?

Its like sticking those giant reflectors on the edge of your door..

They kinda do, give the Euro 'Stretched Tyre Look' but you only notice close-up. To me, their functionality outweigh their looks 10 fold (IMHO).

Regards

I'd love these stips, but I've seen the damage they can cause if they come loose whilst driving, best to check them when you can to make sure they are fixed. .

I'd love these stips, but I've seen the damage they can cause if they come loose whilst driving, best to check them when you can to make sure they are fixed. .

The only way these are coming off, is after a blow-out (touches wood). They are sandwiched between the rim, & the lip of the tyre.

The only way these are coming off, is after a blow-out (touches wood). They are sandwiched between the rim, & the lip of the tyre.

Any risk of the tyre leaking from the rim..?

Maybe ya wanna learn to drive properly? :D

I've been on 19" for 7 months with not so much as Tar spot! :cool:

(That includes Wifey driving too!) :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom