Alloys Wheels from the USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e55

Car
W211 E55
Hi,

Has anyone purchased alloy wheels from the US and had them delivered to the UK? Just wondering what the duty and taxes will be and if its worth while? Cant seem to find the ones I want here in the UK.

I know you will have to pay 15% VAT.

Hi,

I order a number of parts from the US different supplier for my project cars...cost works out as cost of goods + Shipping + 10% Customs fee and then 15% VAT on Total. It can work out cheaper then the UK but at the moment the exchange rate is not very good. Depends which Customs company you get some may send you a bill before you can have your goods and some will send you a bill 2 - 3 weeks after you take delivery of your goods.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Yes I did a couple of years bac. They were from http://www.tirerack.com/index_w.jsp

I had some 18" AMG styling II. I may even have a thread somewhere on here about them. i will have a look

But from memory

the import duty was 10% of the total invoice price. That includes the shipping cost then you pay the VAT on top of that. So you pay VAT on the import duty.

This is billed before the good will be released from the entry point. The company in America should not charge you any sales tax.

Hope to help.

Recently i looked at a set of Mandrus Manheim wheels - guess what they are only available in the US. Cost to transport each wheel to UK £70 each plus taxes, and that's on top of the cost of each wheel.

Which ones are you looking for?

Recently i looked at a set of Mandrus Manheim wheels - guess what they are only available in the US. Cost to transport each wheel to UK £70 each plus taxes, and that's on top of the cost of each wheel.

That could really add up!! I am going to contact the distrubutor and see how much to quote me.

Last edited:
Thing is not that long ago it was nearly $2 to the pound but now its nothing like that.

Makes things far more like UK prices unless its for something you cannoy get here.

I think when I got mine the dollar rate was about $1.85 to the £1

In all I saved over £200 on genuine AMG's and the shipping was in the region of $357

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom