Almost had a huge crash on the M25

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And yet some drivers still query why their premiums go up when they are involved in no-fault accidents.... because a good driver will manage to avoid most (though obviously not all) collisions, even those that are not their fault.

Yes, I query it.

My car was in a car park for a week. When I returned it was sratched all along one side. Classed as a "no-fault" claim, so I'm out £350 excess, lost 4 years NCB and premium increased to boot.

"No-fault" frequently has nothing to do with being a good driver.

Yes, I query it.

My car was in a car park for a week. When I returned it was sratched all along one side. Classed as a "no-fault" claim, so I'm out £350 excess, lost 4 years NCB and premium increased to boot.

Sorry to hear that.

I did say 'a good driver will manage to avoid most (though obviously not all) collisions'. I would have to disagree with your use of the word 'frequently' though.

Last year, a racing Ferrari crashed into a row of parked cars and totalled 3 while damaging several others.

Among the parked cars that got written-off, was my wife's Kia. We did get payment in full from the other-party's insurer, BUT now I have to declare the claim whenever I renew the policy and the price did go up this year.... :(

I fully understand that this is a statistical calculation, and yes sometimes there's absolutely nothing you can do to avoid having to claim on yours or the other-party's policy, but insurance and risk is a statistical trade - same as betting - and it does work in big numbers.

I’m wondering: given that there was a stopped car in lane 1, was there a hard shoulder at this point? As other threads have discussed, smart motorways have some serious shortcomings and seem to be a cause of accidents or at least near misses.
I wouldn't blame it to the lack of hard shoulder, but to lack of paying attention to the road.

Yes, I query it.

Yeah if you have a lot of no faults chances are you are a very aggressive driver. I don't agree with being charged more on your premium for a single claim though

And yet some drivers still query why their premiums go up when they are involved in no-fault accidents..

It's because statistics show that drivers who have had an accident are likely to have another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom