Almost lost the star!

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by ms500, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ms500

ms500 Banned

My car has been parked up since yesterday morning, and today I went out at about 6pm and I noticed that the star was all bent and almost flat against the bonnet :eek:

Luckily, it had just been pushed out of position, I just had to adjust it back into place. It definitely looks like someone had tried to rip it off though, I guess they got disturbed.

The star was missing when I bought the car, so I got a new one. This was all of 3 months ago, and someone's already tried to nick it! :crazy:

It's disappointing to me that people do this kind of thing, why can't they leave it alone?

2. st4

st4 Banned

Car:
    C220cdi tourer
    Because they're jealous sh**s

3. kjay

kjay Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C200k Coupe 2003
    As always - sorry to hear this!!

They do it because they know, even if you caught them - you couldn't touch them, And the courts wouldn't waste their time.

When I was a lad :)rolleyes: ), If a bloke found kids touching his car, he would kick the sh** out of them!!! I'm sure this was a deterant.:D

4. Piff

Piff Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian, A207 E250CDi Cabriolet Sport, R171 SLK280
    Is it possible tofit the "proper" star on the bonnet of an ML, where we only get a badge?

5. Smiley

Smiley Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Connect it up to the mains supply that will serve the Tw^t right if he tries it again!

6. st4

st4 Banned

Car:
    C220cdi tourer
    A welcome return to common sense. I'd like to think if I found someone doing that to my car I'd do the same, but with knife crime etc I might not have the guts too.

Someone more technical can surely give us a DIY to hook the star upto a high current lecy supply.

7. OP
    OP
    ms500

ms500 Banned

lol, out of curiosity could it be wired up to the battery to give a kind of 'electric fence' 12v shock?

8. coupe deville

coupe deville Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
    an electric fence is similar to an ignition system which converts the 12v to 1000's but with a very low current so it shocks but doesnt injure. As kids we used to deliberatley hold an electric fence which was used to contain some pigs. It took a bit of bravado to grab the wires but once connected it was quite a high. Wouldn't dare do it now tho, got more sense [ I think ]

Tags: