almost sold her!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
so i advertised my clk 55 amg in the autotrader ..its a 49k miles car ...bloke comes to see it and as i'm taking him for a drive i thought to myself 'you're making a mistake selling this'..... he offered me 9k i said no ... next day he calls to say 10k ( which is what i wanted) ... and i told him i've changed my mind i'm keeping it!!!..... what the hell can 10k buy???
phew that was close!
That was a close call. Nice car in a good colour.

Really. Look at what I re-quoted in #17.

I didn't forget I just disregarded it since it was a stupid question.

Well to paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies, he would say that, wouldn't he ?

Oh, so now we're limiting your replies to just one part of the thread??

You're right, it was a stupid question - BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T THERE WERE YOU, your basing you're opinions all on a "assumptions" i.e IF, MOST you have no hard evidence do you, no photographs, no documents, no detail, show us this and we might accept your opinions..

And the last quote?

"You would do the same would you not?" I think you would...

Thank goodness, I read the title and thought you meant wife or girlfriend.

That’s why I read the post.

Anyhow seems like you made the right decision on the car not the wife/girlfriend.

Robin

Oh, so now we're limiting your replies to just one part of the thread??

You're right, it was a stupid question - BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T THERE WERE YOU, your basing you're opinions all on a "assumptions" i.e IF, MOST you have no hard evidence do you, no photographs, no documents, no detail, show us this and we might accept your opinions..

No I'm trying to point you in the direction of the relevant parts of the thread but it's not proving to be easy.

So, for the third time, nothing below is an assumption, the quote contains none of my opinions and no documents are required. It's all gleaned from the opening post. Get ready, here we go now....
The car was advertised, the guy phoned, arranged a viewing, travelled from wherever, viewed the car, test drove it, made an offer, left, made an asking price offer and yet the whole thing was a waste of his time, money and effort.

Let me know if you are still unable to understand any of the above.

Thread de-railed on here? Never! :D

@OP you didn't waste the potential buyer's time as he walked away. He actually wasted his own time by going to see a £10.5k (advertised) car and offering £7k. I think I wouldn't have sold it to them on principle of such an insulting offer! lol

Enjoy the car

Thread de-railed on here? Never! :D

@OP you didn't waste the potential buyer's time as he walked away. He actually wasted his own time by going to see a £10.5k (advertised) car and offering £7k. I think I wouldn't have sold it to them on principle of such an insulting offer! lol

Enjoy the car
thanks man, his offer was based on if he wrote the car off and how much the insurance would pay him... who thinks about writing a car off before buying it

Thanks man, his offer was based on if he wrote the car off and how much the insurance would pay him.
Who thinks about writing a car off before buying it?

Erm, everyone who buys insurance, GAP cover especially.

I absolutely would have sold it for the asking price after the test drive
Had he offered 10k that night even I knew I was making a mistake I’d had sold it

Well you did say that you realised that it was a mistake to sell it during the test drive, followed by the fact that you decided not to sell it, so that created the probability, thus the presumption.

Now that you have qualified your statement by averring that you would have honoured the deal if you had received the asking price I am not going to contradict you.
In that scenario the buyer took a gamble on trying to get it at a knockdown price and he came unstuck.

It goes without saying that if there was forethought put into the intended sale much time and expense would have been prevented and you have to take a little blame for that.

Enjoy your car into the future.

Cubanite silver. Nice colour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom