Almost stalls then revs surge.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Just had a full engine oil change including a flush on my C55. Now when I pull up at a junction the revs drop as if the car is going to stall then they surge back up. This makes the car want to push forward and is not nice. Any ideas?

Car is fine at idle and drives well with no issues.

I'd change garage rather than oil next time.

brucemillar said:
Folks

Just had a full engine oil change including a flush on my C55. Now when I pull up at a junction the revs drop as if the car is going to stall then they surge back up. This makes the car want to push forward and is not nice. Any ideas?

Car is fine at idle and drives well with no issues.

i would check the engine breather hose that fit to the air cleaner, probably is not fitted. good luck

Thank for this. Can you tell where this breather connects. On my 55 the air box simply sits on top of the engine. I was not aware of any pipe connections.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Hi Bruce
you seem to be dogged by engine/car problems..

Mika

I have three Mercs and am having big issues with all three. Luck has to change soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I had a Range Rover Sport 4.4i V8 that used to do this.. garage replaced the idle control valve.

Well looks like I have solved the problem.

Removed the air box to replace the filters. Found the remains of a shredded plastic carrier bag jammed up one of the intake pipes. Removed the debris and all seems well again.

This is why plastic carrier bags should be banned. Keep the planet green and let me V8 breather properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom