Alpina D5 Saloon & Touring announced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
2015 911 Turbo S, 2019 Volvo XC90 T5 Polestar Optimised
This could become very interesting. I know it's technically a BMW but I can see this being quite appealing:

3 litre 6 cylinder bi-turbo, 350hp, 8 speed auto

BMW ALPINA - D5 BITURBO

very impressive power output for a 6 cylinder diesel

I think a twin turbo 3.0 V6 CDI Merc engine would be a winner - twin turbo technology is already being employed in the 4 pot 220 and 250 CDI.

Conscious it's an Alpina, 350bhp/257kw is a very long way from the current 265bhp of the latest 3.0 V6 CDI offerings in the E350 CDI.

Yep with the new twin turbo Audi A6, Mercedes are getting left behind with "only" 265bhp.

The BMW 535d isn't supposed to be particularly economical. I guess the trick is to make a twin turbo 3.0l diesel both fast and economical!

May well have to look in to one of these *runs and hides*

0-60mph in 5.1 seconds is pretty good for a diesel. Let's just hope Alpina have got the car feeling better than BMW have, cause the new 5 series is so dull.

0-60mph in 5.1 seconds is pretty good for a diesel. Let's just hope Alpina have got the car feeling better than BMW have, cause the new 5 series is so dull.

They've got a good track record. I am very interested in this car.

I love Alpinas, and I love BMWs, but the new F10 5 series just left me cold.

I bet this will be £60,000, or pretty damned near.

Alpina's vary in price depending on the exchange rate as Sytner have to buy the car from Alpina on ordering and since the current rates are poor it will probably be north of £60,000. Discounts on them are pretty hard to come by, best thing to do is wait out see if any ex-demos get reduced and go in with a cash offer.

The B3 Bi-turbo cabrio that my mum bought about 2 years ago was specced and advertised just shy of the £60k mark (but got a decent deal on it - it had been sat unsold for 6 months) so I'd expect the D5 to be over that price.

Alpina's vary in price depending on the exchange rate as Sytner have to buy the car from Alpina on ordering and since the current rates are poor it will probably be north of £60,000. Discounts on them are pretty hard to come by, best thing to do is wait out see if any ex-demos get reduced and go in with a cash offer.

The B3 Bi-turbo cabrio that my mum bought about 2 years ago was specced and advertised just shy of the £60k mark (but got a decent deal on it - it had been sat unsold for 6 months) so I'd expect the D5 to be over that price.

I've been told it's likely to be around the £70k mark (I was expecting it to come in nearer to £60k though). I don't have any firm details, however to get a feel for what it might come in at, I did manage to spec a 535d Sport Touring last night and got that to hit £61k :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom