Alpine 9807RB in a '94 C200 - Problem with permanent live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_Caruso

Hello all, my first post on here:

I've just fitted an Alpine 9807RB headunit into my 1994 c200 and it has no memory when the ignition is turned off. I know that's because I haven't got a permanent live connection. Has anyone installed an Alpine H/U in a C-Class and had this problem. Is there a permanent live on the cars ISO connection that is just not mating up with the H/U ISO? Know what colour wire?

Any help would be great, cheers!

there must be one somewhere :)

you just need some sort of circuit tester to find it - a bulb with two bits of wire will do the job perfectly but a multi meter (if you have one) is probably better :).

Just fix one side to earth (any screw attached to the bodywork) then check all the wires in your block with the other connector when the ignition is turned off.

HTH

Andy

I think it's Yellow.

Modern high output Alpine's say they should have one connection direct to the battery. If I recall they have a bullet connector in one of the leads in the Alpine to ISO harness so you can wire as they say or leave it wired into the ISO block if you wish.

Radio block should have a permanent live? normally ignition feed is the problem. I have taken mine from the cig lighter.

yellow sounds good then :)

audio_wiring.jpg

Andy

Hey hey! That looks very helpful, thanks very much, I'll let you know when I get it sorted!

ok, with the alpines, the yellow and red have bullets (after the iso plug) you should swap these around, as the live and ignition on some cars is the other way round.

red _> yellow
yellow -> red

Alps said:
ok, with the alpines, the yellow and red have bullets (after the iso plug) you should swap these around, as the live and ignition on some cars is the other way round.

red _> yellow
yellow -> red

some JVC's are like this too ;)

Sorted, I reckon my alpine loom is missing a yellow wire because it's got a bullet connector on the red that the yellow was plugged into but there's no yellow on the iso. Had to go straight into the car loom but it's all working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom