Alpine CDA-9812RB power supply??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.A.94

Car
2001 Mercedes E320 CDI (W210) OM613
Hello, been lurking around the forum for a while now but haven't really posted much. I own and drive an w210 E320 and touch wood the car has not given any problems in my time of owning it.

I do however have an issue with my stereo, I have the alpine CDA-9812RB. Those of you who have owned any of alpines "60wx4" headunits will know that they require additional power supply (from the car battery) along with the iso connector. I was just wondering what gauge wire people are using to connect to the battery as the one i currently have hooked up isn't suffice and is resulting in the unit cutting off at high volume.

Not an expert on the latest Alpines with the extra wire but have fitted a few older ones in my time. It strikes me as odd that the head unit knows the wire isn't thick enough and cuts out though. Are you sure you don't just have a bad connection? I had an intermittent short on a speaker once and the head unit cut power to protect the internal amp.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I ran the same head unit in various vehicles, still have it today in my c43, I ran the same gauge wire direct to the battery, unsure of gauge thickness though sorry.

Not an expert on the latest Alpines with the extra wire but have fitted a few older ones in my time. It strikes me as odd that the head unit knows the wire isn't thick enough and cuts out though. Are you sure you don't just have a bad connection? I had an intermittent short on a speaker once and the head unit cut power to protect the internal amp.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Markas maybe your right with the connection being bad, the reason I was lead to belive that the guage of the wire wasnt suffice is from reading other forum posts. Thanks :)

I ran the same head unit in various vehicles, still have it today in my c43, I ran the same gauge wire direct to the battery, unsure of gauge thickness though sorry.

Nice one bud. I will wire the power up to the headunit with a new wire. Hopefully it should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom