Alpine F1 Status Headunit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kal6383

Hello All,

Just started looking around for a new headunit to replace my standard Merc Headunit as it has become faulty, been looking for hours and not really found anything that I like the look off.... and then I find this:

AlpineF#1Status | Products > DVI-9990J

Problem is ive looked on ebay and cant find it, and also I cant seem to find anyone else selling it either (using google).

Ive read a review on another Alpine F1 product and apparently these are the top of the range and most costly option but ive yet to find any pricing for them.

I dont suppose anyone has one installed and/or knows what the price is or where they can be purcahsed from.

Also any other suggestions for a headunit for a 1998 W202 C230K most welcome, I was hoping to get a Alpine unit as my car has a 6 stack Alpine changer in the boot that was working with the Merc Headunit and id like to keep the CD changer if possible, however if I dont like the look of any other Alpine units, il just rip the lot out and start from scratch.

Thanks and Best Regards

Khalid

Last edited:
Those Alpine F1 Status head units used to be silly money - I'm sure I remember them being ~ £2k+?

So obviously they're going to be very, very rare. Compatibility with your existing CD changer would be the least of my worries - you'd normally associate a purchase of a head unit like that with many thousands of ££££s worth of other speakers, wiring, amplifiers etc :eek:

Will

If it's that kind of cash may as well fit a COMAND unit.

Ive had Bang & Olfsen speakers in my car for many years (picked them up on a Hong Kong trip) wiring was uprated at the time too but nothing overly fancy, just good enough to make the speaker install worth while, apart from that not done anything to the sound system in the car.

I just want something that looks nice and the F1 unit is the only one that is half decent in the looks department, im not a big fan of lots of bling and dancing lights on a headunit, some nice blue colours and a basic layout is all im after and this Alpine F1 unit sure looks simple enough to operate and easy on the eyes.

Been googling since I posted on here and as yet ive found one in japan for £980 and a different one in Taiwan for £960 so Will I think your spot on with the pricing, problem is I cant find the one in the link above!!!

there are 2 versions of the Alpine F1 head units the 1st one is more common to find,
but the newer one which is the one in your link is rare!! plus costs anything from £1500-2000K plus!!

Even if you did purchase either F1 unit they both use sound processors which in turn have to be setup/adjusted - to suit the current speakers/amp that are current in the car. Simply just installing an F1 unit and doing nothing with the setting and control it would bring - would be a simple and quick way of wasting alot of money imo.

i have currently an SQ alpine setup in my CLK230 which start with just an alpine IVA-310RB head unit and progressed on to a full blown setup which includes an alpine sound processor, and from this setup it not as easy as you might think to set up!!!

here is the link of my progress to show you what the route may be if looking at F1
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/68943-clk-audio-boot-install-2.html

here is another link to the F1
http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0510cae_alpine_dvi9990_pxih990_head_unit/index.html

hope this helps :)

Last edited:
F1 status gear is hard to find outside of the dedicated F1 status dealer network. It's great gear though, but hard to demonstrate value for money over the top of the standard range.

If you contact Alpine UK they'll give you a dealer list, there's not many with F1 status accreditation but the ones that have are probably waiting to empty your wallet with baited breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom