Alpine Sat Nav / ICE questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
Does anyone know exactly what the following Alpine components actually do?

I've inherited them and have no idea what they are capable of except Sat Nav?

Alpine NVE-N055PV (Sat Nav unit?)
Alpine IVX-C806 6.5" wide screen system controller
Alpine VPA-B106R mobile media station

Plus a couple of remote control units, breakout boxes and GPS aerial

What I really need to know is does this lot have a Radio/CD/DVD function as well as SatNav? There is tons of the stuff, see the picture attached.

Hi Alfie,

I used to own a vaguely similar Alpine system some time ago.

From what I can see, the IVX unit is your 'head unit', ie, a motorised screen that you mount in the dash DIN location. I used to own an 'IVA-xxx?' which was a Mindisc unit and a tuner, IIRC yours is a CD player and tuner.

The VPA is the 'brain' for this screen, and is fitted out of sight to allow all A/V inputs and the Ai-net connections (Alpines I/O system for connecting other devices, eg CD Changers etc)

The NVE is a navigation module which interfaces with the above set up. Probably a few years old now (CD-ROM based) but would still do the job for most people.

You won't be able to play DVDs with what you have got. An Alpine DVD player to go with what you have got would be quite expensive, but there are other third party options available, or even a PS2 or XBOX adapted for use in a car would give you DVD playback and more. :)

HTH,

Will

Will said:
Hi Alfie,

I used to own a vaguely similar Alpine system some time ago.

From what I can see, the IVX unit is your 'head unit', ie, a motorised screen that you mount in the dash DIN location. I used to own an 'IVA-xxx?' which was a Mindisc unit and a tuner, IIRC yours is a CD player and tuner.

The VPA is the 'brain' for this screen, and is fitted out of sight to allow all A/V inputs and the Ai-net connections (Alpines I/O system for connecting other devices, eg CD Changers etc)

The NVE is a navigation module which interfaces with the above set up. Probably a few years old now (CD-ROM based) but would still do the job for most people.

You won't be able to play DVDs with what you have got. An Alpine DVD player to go with what you have got would be quite expensive, but there are other third party options available, or even a PS2 or XBOX adapted for use in a car would give you DVD playback and more. :)

HTH,

Will

Will many thanks. That helps. What do you think the original cost of the whole lot would have been? It cant be more than 3 years old. I'm thinking of putting the whole lot on eBay. Do you think I'd get more if I split it up?

Ermm - to be perfectly honest, what it cost new would have no bearing whatsoever on what it is worth now! Probably £2000 or there abouts when it first came out, but I would guess that it is older than 3 years.

I wouldn't split the IVX and the VPA up as they are useless on their own! The NVE is an old sat nav system anyway so probably best to sell together. If it is all working ok you should get £500+ I would think. :)

It's a pity you haven't got the TV tuner (TUE-12 or something like that). Many people who buy a screen want to be able to either watch TV or a DVD or something, and sady that does neither :( .

eBay it and see what you get ;) :D

Will

Will said:
Ermm - to be perfectly honest, what it cost new would have no bearing whatsoever on what it is worth now! Probably £2000 or there abouts when it first came out, but I would guess that it is older than 3 years.

I wouldn't split the IVX and the VPA up as they are useless on their own! The NVE is an old sat nav system anyway so probably best to sell together. If it is all working ok you should get £500+ I would think. :)

It's a pity you haven't got the TV tuner (TUE-12 or something like that). Many people who buy a screen want to be able to either watch TV or a DVD or something, and sady that does neither :( .

eBay it and see what you get ;) :D

Will

Will thanks for your help. I'll give it a go on eBay later today. Have a bannana and a rep point. :bannana:

No problem, thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom