Alpine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
T

tanuie

Hi, just had an Alpine satnav installed by Cambridge Car Audio, also a reversing camera, all works really well. I didn't want to take the Comand out but at the end of the day there not that good, a bit dated. The Alpine does everything I need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Compared to the functionality and ease of use of those Alpine/Pioneer/Kenwood units, COMAND is very clumsy. Nice instal; did they manage to integrate the steering wheel controls okay?

Just need to upgrade the door speakers now ;)
How's the radio reception? I replace my Audio20 with a Sony unit and the radio is just terrible :(

How's the radio reception? I replace my Audio20 with a Sony unit and the radio is just terrible :(

Did you connect up the power cable for the aerial amp?

Did you connect up the power cable for the aerial amp?

The blue one (from the head unit)
I think so.. lol
With the twin fakra (spelling) do you use the purple or the beige connector?

Compared to the functionality and ease of use of those Alpine/Pioneer/Kenwood units, COMAND is very clumsy. Nice instal; did they manage to integrate the steering wheel controls okay?

Hi Kevin, Yes they integrated the steering wheel controls, I had to the buy the fitting kit and the wiring for the above came with the kit.
Many thanks.
Terry.

The radio reception is really good, however don't listen to the radio that often to much rabbit, make do with the I-pod.

The blue one (from the head unit)
I think so.. lol
With the twin fakra (spelling) do you use the purple or the beige connector?

Not too sure, its been a few years now since I installed my Kenwood but, at least on my 208 there is a power feed from the HU back to the antenna amp

Very nice project. well done
I am heading to something similar, cause I fed up my old head unit.
Is your command with Harman Kardon amplifier and speakers?If yes how you manage to mate them with alpine.
Would you advise the price of conversion,if its not secret of course.
Enjoy your system

Last edited:
How is the navigation, is it user friendly and easy to use

Last edited:
Very nice project. well done
I am heading to something similar, cause I fed up my old head unit.
Is your command with Harman Kardon amplifier and speakers?If yes how you manage to mate them with alpine.
Would you advise the price of conversion,if its not secret of course.
Enjoy your system

Hi, didn't have Harmon Kardon to deal with this time, I didn't really get on with the command, a bit inferior to Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer etc.
As for the cost the Alpine head unit cost just under £500, the fitting kit was £99.99 the reversing camera £29.99 and to have it fitted was £135.00.
So roughly about £750, first time I have totalled it up. A bit expensive but when you look at the cost of some of the stuff that's out there it's not to bad.

How is the navigation, is it user friendly and easy to use

Haven't tried the nav out as yet, but had pioneer and kenwood units in the past it shouldn't be to much of a problem, pretty intuitive actually.

If you have HK amp then as far as I know you will have to hardwire from the HU back to where the amp is to feed the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom