Alpin's ordered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B3MX5

Car
S212 E350cdi 265
I'm about 1 month into the S212 E350cdi ownership and it's going great. One issue that bugged me about it was that despite all tyres were comfortably in legal depth, they were pretty dire. Avon's on the front, unsure of what type, I thought these would be ok but it understeers like an Audi. The rears were just labelled Mata (I think) and the back end is v sketchy, the TC light is flashing constantly. I'm still new to the car but I'm fairly sure new tyres will make a good improvement.

I've always wanted a winter tyres setup, even if I rarely see snow, more for their extreme wet weather ability. I've had Alpin 4's ordered for the standard 18" staggered setup, and will look for a 19" setup with new wheels when the weather improves.

I had real problems finding stock of any decent brand winter tyres, in the end a 5 day wait from MyTyres was the best offer, in hindsight should have tried Camskill.

I'll report back as to how they go.

I have Pirelli P-Zero Nero on mine from new, they seem OK to me.

The 3 litre V6 has a lot of torque so with the damp weather you will get the traction control kick in, depends on driving style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure you'll be impressed with them. My thoughts on them fitted to my E63 are here.

That's a good read, cheers for posting. They were fitted this morning and I've only done 5-odd miles at sub-40mph, but they're already noticeably quieter with a much sharper turn-in. TC light didn't flicker once, it's far too early to tell as they're not bedded in but it looks v promising.

I've previously used Michelin PS3+4's so was swayed to these. I'll probably get those for the summer tyres.

Just had my first motorway drive, temperatures today went down to around 1°C driving back. They're a vast improvement on before, much quieter than the previous mixed summer tyres (no surprised there), but also felt more secure with no TC light flashing.

It's always a big surprise the improvement decent tyres makes to a car, it's heightened as the previous were so poor, but it does feel like a new car.

Next step, suspension refresh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom