Alshains are like gold dust!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazhowell

I've spent the past week searching for a set of 17" Alshains for my C-Class Coupe, but I can't find any (at a decent price).

There's one set on eBay for £575 but they say "some corrosion" on the description and I wanted new ones really.

I know that they'd cost an arm and a leg from the dealer so getting any sub £600 is a good deal really, but I'm just surprised there aren't more around considering how many cars must have been shipped with them. Even my local alloy place who are really good can't find me any.

Can you put up a picture of them?

These ones?

clk_alshain.gif

If they look more like your link then go for them, they are below the £600 you wanted!

If they look more like your link then go for them, they are below the £600 you wanted!

They are the wheels that come standard on the Evolution package and The Dent Guy has them in his gallery pics here (same as the one High-Lo posted in this thread).

The ones Mudster posted are quite similar though, but without the "dimples" inbetween each spoke.

I really want the originals though so that it looks OEM. I'm just suprised there aren't more about considering every Evo has them as standard, although I guess it shows that no-one really upgrades from them.

Last edited:
The Alshain are quite rare to come across.
The R230 Homan wheels are similar, but without the rim edge "nobbles".

Do the Homan ones come on the SL? They are very similar.

I quite like them, but I'm really desperate to keep it like the OEM coupe look.

Hello

Are these the same as my wifes A210? Look very similar..

210side.jpg

but the 168 and 169 A Class versions aren't the same widths and offsets as the 203 version - ie they don't fit :)

I had a brand new set of those (OEM) with new tyres that I struggled to get £400 quid for on ebay! typical hey.....

I had a brand new set of those (OEM) with new tyres that I struggled to get £400 quid for on ebay! typical hey.....

Wow, I would have snapped them off your hands.

I've managed to find some anyway. Most breakers wanted around £500 but with no tyres which is a little steep once you add the rubber. Ended up getting some with tyres for £515 though so I'm happy - proper OEM, not replicas. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom