Alt Zeiter - Old timer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philirv

Car
Mercedes Benz W124 E280 Auto
Is there anything that beats a W124 on a long distance ?

I've just completed a business trip by car with 3 lanky germans (one was nearly 7ft tall) going from Birmingham to Banbury, onto Oxford, Swindon and back to Birmingham - about 350 miles in all.

We started out the trip in a new Passat 1.9 TDi (no slouch either), but switched to my W124 to allow for more luggage space from Banbury.

All 3 were involved in the motor industry, and have driven all the latest cars etc., but they concluded that the "old-timer is best"

Maybe they were referring to me :confused:

Read the post above people. W124 really do rock :rock: (especially if they are colored and not si....sil....shiney grey / dull chrome)

Yes - I would agree wholeheartedly - the cars definately drives, rides, and feels much better in colour than it does in dirty chrome.

And they go faster too in colour.

K

Kinky said:
Yes - I would agree wholeheartedly - the cars definately drives, rides, and feels much better in colour than it does in dirty chrome.

K
Now how would you know that exactly. . . without having actually set foot in one ? ( I assume the anti-silver sentiment stretches to mean that you're not allowed to touch - let alone go for a drive ;)) :p :p :p

:bannana:

S.

OK Sym.

You got me.

Kinda .... I've updated my original comments below.

K

Kinky said:

ALLEDGEDLY

K

no alledgedly about it, I chickened out at 130mph in a 1992 260E, there was a little left under the right foot too.

Cool - Nice one Mr. Walker. I'll have my "alledgedly" back please Sym ....

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom