Alternate way to jump mercedes S500 1999. HELP !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jazzya

Car
Mercedes S 500 1999
Hi all

I tried to start my S 500 yesterday and the battery went dead all of a sudden.

I am not able to switch on the ignition as well now as the key wont turn. I had just opened the boot prior to starting the car and it was fine, but I am not even able to open the boot now so that I can jump start the car.

Is there any alternate way to jump start the car? or is there any way that I can open the boot as I have tried the master steel key to open the boot but that did not work as well.

Please HELP !!!

Thanks

Jas

Do you have charging points like the W202 below?
If so, use a battery charger or jump leads to put some juice into the battery, the remote fob should then open the boot.
Jump directly from the car battery.

Dec
527006d1373817592-cable-box-charge-point.jpg

attachment.php

Hello Dec

Nope there are no charging points as shown in the picture.

There is just a fuse box there on the left hand side. There is a fuse box on the right hand side as well but am not sure if there is a way to directly supply some power through there so that I can open the boot. Just a thought.

I will try to use some WD 40 and other lubricants and try to open the boot in the evening and see if that works.

Anyone else knowing of any other way to get this sorted??

Thanks

Jas

Hello Dec

Thanks for your comments and help but there was no wiring behind the foot rest as mentioned in the link on the passenger side but i did find the main lead coming from the battey directly under the driver side. (See the black wire going into a small black box just behind the break peddal)

Please see the below mentioned picture, it might help someone as well. I was able to use jump leads so as to generate enough power to open the boot then jumped directly from the battery to start the car.

image.jpg

Thanks

Jas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom