alternater any advice 320cdi 210 model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baz towler

Car
mercedes e320 cdi
HI to every body I had a new alternater fitted about 1000 miles ago with no probs last week on starting up red warning batt/alt checked output with multimeter showing 14.5 amps switced ignition of started again no probs no red light no malefuction this has happend a couple of times would the fault be stored in the computer if so how do I clear it I dont think the alternater is faulty because its showing a good charge but is a bit worrying any advice chaps thanks bazzzzz

If you are getting 14.5 with the car running I would suspect that the alternator is fine. It is possible that your battery is on the way out. You need to get a load test done on the battery. I believe that Halfords may do this free of charge and possibly KwikFit.

However it may be money put to good use to get a decent Indie to check it out as you could have other issues that are hiding.

checked output with multimeter showing 14.5 amps

Amps or Volts?

If it was charging at 14.5 volts then the sensor wire should have floated high, so no malfunction showing. If it has stayed grounded then the regulator is probably faulty or the sensor wire is shorting to Gnd.

thanks for the info chaps will nip into mercserve nottm tomorrow

alternater 320cdi

just a thought it could be batt its about 6 years old out of rover 75 tdi will get it checked as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom