Alternative alloys for a W204.Help.

• Thread starter Deleted member 139143
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 139143

Hi all, new to the club. this is my first post, I have recently purchased a 61 plate W204 c220 in black. the car came with 16" alloys with an et of 43, I am looking to change these for some 17" AMG ones or some multispokes.what other older or newer model alloys will fit mine. will the larger size alter the ride significantly, I have been offered a set of multispokes off a 2016 c class would they fit.
Thanks.

Are yours the 16" elegance wheels? That look like these? If so, what condition are they in? I might be interested if you decide to sell them.

4-Mercedes-C-Class-Elegance-W204-16-Alloy.jpg

I swopped my 16" Elegance wheels (the ones in MancMike's photo) for 17" AMG 6 x twin spokes (staggered), in the process changing from Contisports to Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tyres. Transformed the car! So much quieter, ride quality fine, car feels more precise and planted, does not wallow anywhere near as much. I'd be wary of going any further than 17's as less sidewall means harder/harsher ride, higher price tyres and less if any rim protection thus easier to kerb.

For sure you cannot use rims from a 203 C class as they use 12mm bolts, and the 204 uses 14mm.

Thanks for replying. sorry MancMike they are not the same, but I will be keeping the originals as spares. I was told 18" would be too much, do the AMG ones Chrishazle mention fit straight on without any problems. is there a particular year/model the AMG ones have to come off.
Cheers all.

If you want to fit them, 18" or even 19" will fit a W204. If you are fitting 17"AMG W204 alloys, the year of the car (and model) the alloys came from doesn't matter.
W205 wheels will fit a W204. The ET for 17" 205 wheels is 48 so pretty much the same as your current ET43.

Hi AMGeed. cheers for the reply, Would the wheels off a 2016 c class fit, is that the W205 model.

Hi AMGeed. cheers for the reply, Would the wheels off a 2016 c class fit, is that the W205 model.

Yes it is w205

Thanks to all for the advice and info, all I've got to do now is decide which style and size to go for. at the moment it is looking like the AMG ones going on the information given by AMGeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom