Alternative speedo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
CLK 240
I have a dead dash on my CLK240 and have booked in for repair in two weeks.

Im uncomfortable driving without a speedo, so downloaded this speedo app Digi HUD on Playstore

Seems to work well with numerous display options

No phones while driving buddy .... lol

No phones while driving buddy .... lol
Interesting point.

You cant hold a mobile phone but if in holder or mount it is ok :)

"It’s illegal to hold a phone or sat nav while driving or riding a motorcycle. You must have hands-free access, such as:

• a Bluetooth headset
  • voice command
  • a dashboard holder or mat
  • a windscreen mount
  • a built-in sat nav
The device must not block your view of the road and traffic ahead."

see

I have the Ulysse app on my phone in a windscreen mount. Prefer it to the standard speedo.
Also have Radarbot to warn of cameras plus it has integrated satnav.

A while back I had a dead dashboard on my S204, took it to a local place that has genuine Star/xentry, he plugged in the diagnostics, said the dash had lost its programming, re-programmed the dash, all done and dusted in 30 minutes for not a lot of cash in hand! The place I went to is the garage part of a local large taxi firm that runs a fleet of mainly E220Cdi's (Arrowfleet Maintenance in Ashford, Kent), maybe you've got something similar close to you!

Interesting point.

You cant hold a mobile phone but if in holder or mount it is ok :)

"It’s illegal to hold a phone or sat nav while driving or riding a motorcycle. You must have hands-free access, such as:

• a Bluetooth headset
  • voice command
  • a dashboard holder or mat
  • a windscreen mount
  • a built-in sat nav
The device must not block your view of the road and traffic ahead."

see
The gov website is actually wrong, it isn't currently illegal to touch or hold a mobile phone (it is if you are using it to makes calls, send messages or live stream though).

A while back I had a dead dashboard on my S204, took it to a local place that has genuine Star/xentry, he plugged in the diagnostics, said the dash had lost its programming, re-programmed the dash, all done and dusted in 30 minutes for not a lot of cash in hand! The place I went to is the garage part of a local large taxi firm that runs a fleet of mainly E220Cdi's (Arrowfleet Maintenance in Ashford, Kent), maybe you've got something similar close to you!
Thanks, I will ask that this is checked first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom