Alternative speedo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
CLK 240
I have a dead dash on my CLK240 and have booked in for repair in two weeks.

Im uncomfortable driving without a speedo, so downloaded this speedo app Digi HUD on Playstore

Seems to work well with numerous display options

No phones while driving buddy .... lol
Interesting point.

You cant hold a mobile phone but if in holder or mount it is ok :)

"It’s illegal to hold a phone or sat nav while driving or riding a motorcycle. You must have hands-free access, such as:

• a Bluetooth headset
  • voice command
  • a dashboard holder or mat
  • a windscreen mount
  • a built-in sat nav
The device must not block your view of the road and traffic ahead."

see

I have the Ulysse app on my phone in a windscreen mount. Prefer it to the standard speedo.
Also have Radarbot to warn of cameras plus it has integrated satnav.

A while back I had a dead dashboard on my S204, took it to a local place that has genuine Star/xentry, he plugged in the diagnostics, said the dash had lost its programming, re-programmed the dash, all done and dusted in 30 minutes for not a lot of cash in hand! The place I went to is the garage part of a local large taxi firm that runs a fleet of mainly E220Cdi's (Arrowfleet Maintenance in Ashford, Kent), maybe you've got something similar close to you!

Interesting point.

You cant hold a mobile phone but if in holder or mount it is ok :)

"It’s illegal to hold a phone or sat nav while driving or riding a motorcycle. You must have hands-free access, such as:

• a Bluetooth headset
  • voice command
  • a dashboard holder or mat
  • a windscreen mount
  • a built-in sat nav
The device must not block your view of the road and traffic ahead."

see
The gov website is actually wrong, it isn't currently illegal to touch or hold a mobile phone (it is if you are using it to makes calls, send messages or live stream though).

A while back I had a dead dashboard on my S204, took it to a local place that has genuine Star/xentry, he plugged in the diagnostics, said the dash had lost its programming, re-programmed the dash, all done and dusted in 30 minutes for not a lot of cash in hand! The place I went to is the garage part of a local large taxi firm that runs a fleet of mainly E220Cdi's (Arrowfleet Maintenance in Ashford, Kent), maybe you've got something similar close to you!
Thanks, I will ask that this is checked first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom