Alternative Suggestions on colour schemes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
So we have had all these wonderful ideas on what looks good on a W211, but what I ask is the worst?

At risk of offending somebody I would suggest that in the standard range Travertine Beige with Pacific Blue upholstery must be right up there. But when you get to the Designo service the scope for disaster seems endless!

Satch said:
So we have had all these wonderful ideas on what looks good on a W211, but what I ask is the worst?

At risk of offending somebody I would suggest that in the standard range Travertine Beige with Pacific Blue upholstery must be right up there. But when you get to the Designo service the scope for disaster seems endless!
On the AMG factory tour a couple of months ago, they confided in us that they had done a complete SLK out in 'Barbie Pink' (Paintwork & Leather) for a customer - but sadly, they were not allowed to show us any pictures !! :( :(

S.

Sky blue on an SL looks pretty naff, as modelled in some rap music video last year. Infact Maff pointed out that when they did a close up of the dash, they actually showed the dash from a Beemer.

In summary... sky blue / SL, it's not big and it's not clever.

S.

Pacific Blue...? Lovely :crazy:

yuk1.jpg

yuk2.jpg

Steve_Perry said:
Sky blue on an SL looks pretty naff, as modelled in some rap music video last year.

You know, I kind of liked that colour on the SL in the Blu Cantrell video. Just looked so different compared to the majority.

Crazy really, I'm a black sort of guy with the Mercs :p

Oh well, each to their own I guess ;)

Kinky said:
Am I allowed to say silver? :confused:
No - you know you're not ! (but too late . . . . :crazy: ) ;)

Kinky said:
Am I allowed to say silver? :confused:
mmmmmmmmmm - now you know the answer to that one!!!!:D

When I was buying my SLK, the dealer had a linarite blue one with bright blue leather interior and black trim - it looked awful - that was cheap and tacky looking to my eye. imho it did not work on the SLK and I doubt it would work on a bigger car either.

Worst combo has to be an E-class with Alabaster White paint and Pacific Blue interior.

I've yet to see a good looking White merc.

Andy Stanton said:
Worst combo has to be an E-class with Alabaster White paint and Pacific Blue interior.

I've yet to see a good looking White merc.

Well, white is not too bad in itself but I must agree that Pacific Blue is vile!

I can't see why anyone would want to order a new Mercedes in white, well unless it was being used as a wedding car!

RichardM said:
I can't see why anyone would want to order a new Mercedes in white, well unless it was being used as a wedding car!
Taxis !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom