Alternative to Comand with Linguatronic in older Mercs 202 210 124 129 etc!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dougl65

Car
2001 SL320, 1998 C240
For those who like OE looking equipment I have just installed a Becker Cascade into my R129 SL. This is available from Pixmania at a good price.

As Mercedes used Becker as an OE supplier the functions on the Becker are similar to a Mercedes comand unit with linguatronic functionality, indeed the commands to operate the Becker are the same as linguatronic. You get a colour screen MP3 capability, ipod capability etc for around £650 - £800 depending on the version! The Pro 7941 version has better phone functionality along with a SIM and SD slot whereas the 7941 has bluetooth only!

The installation is really simple too: micrphone, gps antenna and plug in the connector. Just make sure that you have a speed sensor wire installed in position A1 and that if there is a wire in position A2 (diagnostic wire) that you cut and isolate this wire. You can also buy an external source connector made by Blaupunkt from bluespot.co.uk which plugs into the C connector with the micrphone for around £7 if you don't want to spend an extra £100 or so on the ipod interface..

Sitting beneath the Climate control unit this looks as if it were meant to be there!

Doug

Rose Chap said:
Sounds good Doug. Where is the picture of your handiwork? :)
Ditto

Well done and if possible, I look forward to seeing some photographs.

Sounds really good,
Regards
John

Here... the light is a bit dim so the Becker is on night mode!

becker002.jpg

It's a shame the R129 didn't get COMAND, though the '01 models were available with Linguatronic if you had the in-car telephone.

The Cascade looks nice - does it have Bluetooth capability with voice control?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom