Alternatives for Comand W204 pre 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scoobytc

Car
C63
Hi Guys I am new here so please accept my apologies if this subject has been covered but after having my C63 for a week or so I am finding the Comand very limited (unless I am missing something) also my Sat Nav doesn't know where the car is so probably a GPS antenna on its way out.I was wondering if there is an aftermarket alternative which still uses the pop up screen on the dash but includes USB connectivity and a better quality Sat Nav. Also I have the HK system if that makes a difference

thanks in advance

There is not - (and if there was the HK system would be a big problem)

Sorry

R

Actually, there are now some chinese touchscreen devices (look on eBay) - no idea if any good but your big problem is HK as the amp is connected via MOST fibre optic network and in the back of the car ..

R

Thanks for that Richard,i'll have to look into getting the GPS antenna rejointed as it is broken

excellent thats well worth thinking about if the existing antenna cant be jointed

Its probably full of water and corroded - that's what seems to normally happen

Richard

no it has been cut by the previous owner (god knows why)just hoping there is enough slack to be able to joint it otherwise it is going to have to be a retrofit

I have just realised i Havent got HK system in my car so is an OEM looking touchscreen alternative available?

Yes. HK was your problem

There are 'double din' adapters that replace the stereo and surround (and move the buttons up to where the display is) that allow any head unit to be put in, and there is actually aftermarket touchscreen units that replace the main screen (but I have no idea of the quality of those)

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom